Automated Fulfillment Center Manager (Emek Hefer)
About the position
Fabric makes profitable on-demand e-commerce a reality. Its flexible micro-fulfillment solution was specifically designed to enable fast fulfillment from small spaces. By leveraging robotic automation, Fabric allows retailers to reduce costs and cut fulfillment times.
Unlike any other micro-fulfillment solution, Fabric’s software-led robotics and modular approach gives retailers the flexibility to build the fulfillment center that fits their requirements, allowing them to fulfill online orders at maximum speed while ensuring profitability. Retailers can choose a platform model to run and operate independently on their real estate or a service model in which fulfillment is offered as a service, with minimal capex investment.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City and Tel Aviv, Fabric is rapidly expanding its U.S. operations with over 200+ team members globally and 20 sites under development/contract, including four live micro-fulfillment centers.
We are looking for Ecommerce Fulfillment Center Site Manager to join our operations team in Emek Hefer.
About the Team
The Operations team at Fabric is all about achieving executional excellence. We are focused on delivering high-quality results to our customers and developing successful solutions to all operational challenges that we encounter. We are looking for high-performing individuals who want to contribute and grow within a data-driven decision-making culture while working with talented team members in a positive and enabled One Team environment.
The Site Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and service that we provide our Health & Beauty client at our Emek Hefer micro fulfilment center.
● Accountable for facility key performance indicators (e.g., on time %, labor efficiency etc.).
● Ensure seamless operations - receive, decant, pick, dispatch, stock management.
● Manage a team of Shift Managers and Operators and create a high-performing culture.
● Ensure all healthcare and safety requirements and regulations are met.
● Communicate with external stakeholders - suppliers, drivers, and clients.
● Provide feedback to Operations Development and R&D teams regarding the product.
● 5 + years of significant managerial experience.
● 5 + years of site/area management experience in an operational environment (grocery retail preferred).
● Great interpersonal skills - natural leader, strong team player.
● Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
● Great attention to detail and strong execution skills.
● Good customer service skills.
● Hands-on approach.
● Great analytical problem-solving skills and process orientation.
● Flexibility to work untraditional hours (including early mornings and late nights as the site operates in shifts.
● Good level of English.
● Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
● Industrial Engineering and Management / Business / Economics undergraduate degree - An advantage.