Senior DevOps Engineer
About the position
At Fabric, we enable retailers and brands to profitably scale their online business with fast fulfillment and a new kind of delivery experience. By leveraging innovative software and robotics and placing micro-fulfillment centers close to where customers are, Fabric helps businesses meet even 1-hour delivery standards. Better yet, with Fabric’s powerful technology, businesses can deliver an engaging, branded experience that helps strengthen their customer relationships.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Evolv (Kraft Heinz), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City, Atlanta, and Tel Aviv, Fabric is constantly growing with over 200 team members globally and 20 sites under development/contract, including four live micro-fulfillment centers.
Fabric continues its rapid expansion and plans to continue rolling out its operations in key urban locations, as it realizes its mission, to bring brands and online shoppers closer.
Senior DevOps Engineer
We are looking for a technology leader with multidisciplinary technological skills across engineering, infrastructure and methodologies to join our Software Engineering team in Tel Aviv.
Fabric Software Engineering is a team of brilliant and talented engineers, algorithms developers, data scientists and researchers, all dedicated to building a robust, highly scalable robotic fulfillment network. We're responsible for everything from orchestrating the robots' movement to handling orders and managing stock across multiple fulfillment centers. We solve challenging problems through collaboration across different roles and paradigms using cutting edge technology. We have a diverse tech stack, with a backend organized in a microservices architecture that helps keep it flexible. We're investing in a DevOps culture, which means end-to-end ownership from supporting the feature design to monitoring the production deployment.
As our business grows, the team is developing fast as well, opening new opportunities for both professional and personal growth.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will design and implement solutions for the company’s production infrastructure, CI & CD pipelines, and observability for a business-critical production environment. You will write code, leverage managed solutions, open-source tools, and industry best practices to ensure that our production environment is highly available to serve our customers.
- Design and implement solutions for CI/CD, including simulating new code to test potential improvements or issues.
- Ensure a highly reliable system across both cloud and on-prem deployments.
- Manage our Kubernetes cluster.
- Provide solutions for observability on our production deployment (including monitoring, logging) to other engineers.
- Support engineering teams performing development on IoT hardware components.
- At least 3 years of SW engineering experience.
- Good software engineering skills with experience in running solutions in production; Hands-on approach.
- Experience with Docker and with running Kubernetes in production environments.
- Experience with modern (containerized) CI/CD solutions.
- Experience with Python is an advantage.
- Experience with Terraform is an advantage.
- An excellent collaborator with great communication skills, who can take part in a diverse cross-functional team.
The perfect candidate is someone who:
- Is thrilled when they solve complex engineering and architecture problems.
- Enjoys solving infrastructure problems, like scaling our prometheus deployment to support increasing workloads.
- Is driven by the desire to make a big impact.
- Enjoys an enabling role, supporting the team’s velocity and practices.