System Integration Team Leader
About the position
Fabric makes profitable on-demand e-commerce a reality. Its flexible micro-fulfillment solution was specifically designed to enable fast fulfillment from small spaces. By leveraging robotic automation, Fabric allows retailers to reduce costs and cut fulfillment times.
Unlike any other micro-fulfillment solution, Fabric’s software-led robotics and modular approach give retailers the flexibility to build the fulfillment center that fits their requirements, allowing them to fulfill online orders at maximum speed while ensuring profitability. Retailers can choose a platform model to run and operate independently on their real estate or a service model in which fulfillment is offered as a service, with minimal capex investment.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City and Tel Aviv, Fabric is rapidly expanding its U.S. operations with over 170+ team members globally and 15 sites under development/contract, including two live micro-fulfillment centers.
System Integration Team Leader
We are looking for a System Integration Team Leader to join our R&D team in TLV.
In this role, you will be responsible for the testing of Fabric Robotic systems. You will be responsible for conducting multidisciplinary systems experiments including mechanical, electrical, control and software integrations. In addition, you will build an infrastructure to improve testing efficiency and quality by collaborating with other departments in the company, such as field engineers, project managers, mechanics, software, hardware, and quality engineers.
Fabric Robotic R&D is a multi-disciplinary group, built from teams of Hardware, Mechanical, Control, and V&V of highly skilled Engineers. The team is responsible for designing the next generation of robotic platforms starting from scratch and up to the final product.
The design stage requires experiments and expertise in delivering fast prototypes to help choose the concept.
During the deployment of the prototype robots, the team encounters many problems that require fast solutions and fast implementation to ensure the project will continue without delays.
Team members support the engineering and manufacturing process during the product life cycle with constant improvements and modifications.
- Responsibility for end-to-end testing of robotic systems as well as their components.
- Lead a team of about 5-7 engineers and technicians
- Managing a demo site and its laboratory.
- Prepare test equipment and procedures, collect data, and analyze it.
- Integrate and test components and subsystems.
- Creating simulators and software tools around the current solution.
- Design and implement experiments and testing methods
- Being the focal point for robotic software releases.
- Fault investigation, as well as working with R&D engineers to solve problems.
- BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, from a known University.
- At least 5 years as an Integration, Testing, or System Engineer.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Background in writing python scripts – must
- Experience with Linux OS – must
- Experience in defining and designing end-to-end solutions including project management
- Ability to analyze and understand a wide range of complex systems
- Experience with robotic systems - an advantage
- Development of robotics platform - an advantage