Senior ATE Developer
About the position
At Fabric, we enable retailers and brands to profitably scale their online business with fast fulfillment and a new kind of delivery experience. By leveraging innovative software and robotics and placing micro-fulfillment centers close to where customers are, Fabric helps businesses meet even 1-hour delivery standards. Better yet, with Fabric’s powerful technology, businesses can deliver an engaging, branded experience that helps strengthen their customer relationships.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Evolv (Kraft Heinz), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City, Atlanta and Tel Aviv, Fabric is constantly growing with over 200 team members globally and 20 sites under development/contract, including four live micro-fulfillment centers.
Fabric continues its rapid expansion and plans to continue rolling out its operations in key urban locations, as it realizes its mission, to bring brands and online shoppers closer.
Senior ATE Developer
In this role, you will design, develop and implement tests for our robots (based on PLC and Linux) and develop an ATE
including framework for data collection. Your work will include development, outsourcing work to subcontractors and
integrating their work into the ATE framework. You will be working continuously to improve the testing coverage and
cost/benefit ratio, and to squeeze every bit of intelligence from our data, along with our stakeholders (R&D, engineering,
data and production teams).
Our team’s motto: “We deliver - not testers, but Reliability”
Design, develop, debug, document and support SW and HW automation tests of the robots for our
production line and for R&D, in various programming languages and work environments.
- Define and verify test coverage and applicability with stakeholders across the organization.
- Verify testing traceability to the product requirements.
- Define requirements for, manage subcontractors, and integrate their work to existing and new ATEs.
- Develop, maintain, and upgrade automated test scripts, and database queries to provide actionable intelligence.
- Become a focal point for the production testing SW, infrastructure and documentation
- 5+ years relevant experience, at least 2 of which in a mass production line with ATEs. Advantage to HW related products.
- Experience with test equipment (i.e., oscilloscope, Power supply, DAQ, Communication adapters, Wi Fi etc.)
- Familiar with Different communication methods - Serial, Wi Fi, RF, TCP IP etc
- Experience with test development environment (i.e. ATEeasy, LabView, Matlab , Python etc.)
- Basic Knowledge of Database structure
- Education- Relevant degree (EE, CS or exact science)
- Proven experience in projects combining HW, SW and FW (“maker”)
- Programming skills for writing and debugging test programs (software / hardware) for the embedded development environment in at least 2 of the following:
- CoDeSys (major advantage)
- Ability to identify, log, track documents and close out SW, hardware, and firmware bugs. Acquaintance with
- SW version control tools- Advantage
- Ability to work independently, and to collaborate as part of a reliability team , cooperation with R&D (HW, SW)
- Acquaintance with Verification and Validation methods (GR&R, 6 Sigma etc) - advantage