Director, Program Management
About the position
Fabric enables retailers and brands to profitably scale their online business with fast fulfillment and a new kind of delivery experience. By leveraging innovative software and robotics and placing flexible micro-fulfillment centers close to where customers are, Fabric helps businesses meet even 1-hour delivery standards. Better yet, with Fabric’s powerful technology, businesses can deliver an engaging, branded experience that helps strengthen their customer relationships.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Evolv (Kraft Heinz), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City, Atlanta and Tel Aviv, Fabric is constantly growing with over 200 team members globally and 20 sites under development/contract, including four live micro-fulfillment centers.
Fabric continues its rapid expansion and plans to continue rolling out its operations in key urban locations, as it realizes its mission, to bring brands and online shoppers closer.
Director, Program Management
Fabric is looking for a Director, Program Management to join our Program Management Department under Global Operations Group and to lead Micro-Fulfilment Center [MFC] programs from initial planning through Go-Live and Ramp up.
The Director, Program Management will be responsible to drive new / existing planning and execution of our micro-fulfillment centers in the US. This role will oversee the planning and execution by integrating between functional teams, commercial and finance. This position will include the following roles and responsibilities:
- Become the Operations point of contact for MFC Program
- Own the program end to end with high attention to detail and in an extremely fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Work cross-functionally with various teams, such as Deployment, Supply chain, Global Tech service, Service Operations. Commercial and other teams to ensure successful program execution.
- Gain deep understanding of the MFC solution, OP model, Site design and program requirements and configuration, coordinate MFC solution as part of the pre-sale process and support the commercial team during the sales phase.
- Allocate and manage resources effectively, most in an indirect matrix environment, lead, mentor and drive for results.
- Ensure that effective project management governance, procedures, tools and financial controls are established and maintained.
- Hold and maintain program schedule and timeline, resolve conflict and Issues, Identify, manage and mitigate risks and maintain reporting concise and updated.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships across organizations and geographies.
- Support the PMO’s initiatives in developing, optimizing and automating processes and continuous improvement of the MFC program.
- B.Sc. in engineering (Industrial) - MBA Preferred
- 10-15 years of experience in project management in similar industries, preferably retail and fulfilment involving complex tech and innovation.
- Proficient in Project management disciplines and practice.
- Multi-project/multi-site program-management experience
- Portfolio management experience
- Proven ability to work in a global team and a multicultural environment
- Proven leadership skills, training, mentoring and resolving conflicts.
- Significant experience working in a cross-functional environment
- Experience with MS Project,
- Ability to travel up to 25% globally.
What you’ll get
Supportive team environment, flexible schedule. Add to that a competitive salary, best-in-class benefits package, which includes medical, life, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid time off and career growth opportunities.