Assistant Site Manager
About the position
Fabric enables retailers and brands to profitably scale their online business with fast fulfillment and a new kind of delivery experience. By leveraging innovative software and robotics and placing flexible micro-fulfillment centers close to where customers are, Fabric helps businesses meet even 1-hour delivery standards. Better yet, with Fabric’s powerful technology, businesses can deliver an engaging, branded experience that helps strengthen their customer relationships.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Evolv (Kraft Heinz), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City, Atlanta and Tel Aviv, Fabric is constantly growing with over 200 team members globally and 20 sites under development/contract, including four live micro-fulfillment centers.
Fabric continues its rapid expansion and plans to continue rolling out its operations in key urban locations, as it realizes its mission, to bring brands and online shoppers closer.
Assistant Site Manager
Fabric is looking for an Assistant Site Manager to join our Operations group and help us manage our Brooklyn micro fulfillment center.
The assistant manager will be responsible for day-to-day Management, decision-making, and issue troubleshooting within our MFC. They will ensure we deliver the best service to our customers, on time and to the highest quality, by managing the operational and technical processes and working with clients and other Fabric internal teams.
- Accountability for facility key performance indicators (e.g., on time %, fill rate, inventory accuracy)
- Responsible for the operational day-to-day decision-making process to deliver SLA with maximum efficiency
- Ensure seamless operations- receive, decant, pick, dispatch, stock management
- Communicate with internal stakeholders – operators, shift manager, site manager, technical support teams.
- Communicate with external stakeholders - client operations managers and client technical teams
- Think both tactically to meet objectives and SLA while also thinking strategically to plan ahead and drive improvement in the operations.
- Develop a high-performance culture to deliver operational excellence.
- Quick Learner - ability to learn new processes and quickly become an expert in your job
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Analytical - ability to think critically and make reasonable, thoughtful decisions based on the information at hand
- Passionate to provide excellent customer service
- Well experienced in fast-paced environments and decision-making situations
- Team player
- Open-minded and flexible
- Strong communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate, self-learn, communicate clearly, follow-up and follow-through, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner
- Desire to grow within the company to site management or operations management positions
- SQL - Writing basic queries, joins, and sharing information
- Excel/Power BI - Analyzing data and sharing actionable information with others
- Kibana/Elastic - Investigating datapoints to troubleshoot and correct issues
- Ecommerce - understanding of inbound receiving, inventory management, and outbound order fulfillment
- FreshDesk - opening technical tickets, monitoring status, and driving to resolution
- Grocery - experience in food safety, product freshness and quality, and inventory management
What you’ll get
Supportive team environment, flexible schedule. Add to that a competitive salary, best in class benefits package, which includes medical, life, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid time off and career growth opportunities