Continuous Improvement Senior Manager
About the position
Fabric enables retailers and brands to profitably scale their online business with fast fulfillment and a new kind of delivery experience. By leveraging innovative software and robotics and placing flexible micro-fulfillment centers close to where customers are, Fabric helps businesses meet even 1-hour delivery standards. Better yet, with Fabric’s powerful technology, businesses can deliver an engaging, branded experience that helps strengthen their customer relationships.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Evolv (Kraft Heinz), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City, Atlanta and Tel Aviv, Fabric is constantly growing with over 200 team members globally and 20 sites under development/contract, including four live micro-fulfillment centers.
Fabric continues its rapid expansion and plans to continue rolling out its operations in key urban locations, as it realizes its mission, to bring brands and online shoppers closer.
Continuous Improvement Senior Manager
We are looking for a Continuous Improvement Senior Manager to join our Service Operations team in the US.
The Continuous Improvement (CI) team is Fabric’s go-to source for operational excellence, process knowledge transfer and enhancement sustainability. The CI team, based in the United States, bridges the gap between the Operations Development team who develop the global operational models, and the boots-on-the-ground micro-fulfillment Operations teams, to ultimately drive incremental and breakthroughs through improvements. Using disciplined Lean, Six Sigma, and other continuous improvement methodologies, the CI team ensures sustainability through multimedia documentation and on-site training at all process and job levels.
As a Continuous Improvement Senior Manager you will dive deep and improve Fabric's operational processes throughout it’s network of micro-fulfillment centers (MFCs) in the United States. Using your knowledge of various continuous improvement methodologies you will work hand-in-hand with Fabric’s Site Leads, Shift Leads and process Operators to discover, understand, and eliminate all inefficiencies, wherever they reside in Fabric’s various processes. You will also work closely with the Operations Development team to ensure that all improvements are standardized and proliferated throughout Fabric’s MFC network.
- Continually asses Fabric’s varied operational processes for continuous improvement opportunities
- Ensure we use our sites’ space efficiently, optimising operational flows
- Partner with the MFC Operations team to conduct both front-end and back-end time studies and statistical analysis to provide justification for improvements and return on investment once improvements are complete
- Develop and physically create areas of process improvement
- Document improvements via SOPs, Process Map Visuals (PMVs), training videos, etc.
- Partner with Operations Development to ensure your complete understanding of their various operational models and provide boots-on-the-ground feedback on how to improve the models network-wide
- Create training documentation and materials to ensure sustainment of all improvements
- Conduct operational training sessions on the various on-going operational processes as well as training on newly improved processes
- Conduct operational excellence training seminars at various levels throughout the Fabric MFC network
- BSc, BA, or equivalent degree
- 10 years of experience; 5+ years of operational experience in the e-commerce operations
- Certified Lean Six-Sigma Black Belt
- Experience in physical process creation and continuous improvement with a hands-on approach
- Strong strategic, analytical and statistical analysis background (consulting / operations or related experience a plus) with ability to take complex information and create a compelling and understandable narrative
- Practical time study software (WorkStudy6 or equivalent) experience
- Proven effective communication skills
- Exceptional Powerpoint skills, proficient in Excel, Visio Outlook etc.
- Customer Obsession and Zero-Defects aspiration
- Self starter and fast learner
- Team player
- Open minded and flexible
What you’ll get
Supportive team environment, flexible schedule. Add to that a competitive salary, best in class benefits package, which includes medical, life, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid time off and career growth opportunities