Field Service Engineer
About the position
Fabric enables retailers and brands to profitably scale their online business with fast fulfillment and a new kind of delivery experience. By leveraging innovative software and robotics and placing flexible micro-fulfillment centers close to where customers are, Fabric helps businesses meet even 1-hour delivery standards. Better yet, with Fabric’s powerful technology, businesses can deliver an engaging, branded experience that helps strengthen their customer relationships.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Evolv (Kraft Heinz), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City, Atlanta, and Tel Aviv, Fabric is constantly growing with over 200 team members globally and 20 sites under development/contract, including four live micro-fulfillment centers.
Fabric continues its rapid expansion and plans to continue rolling out its operations in key urban locations, as it realizes its mission, to bring brands and online shoppers closer.
Field Service Engineer
We are looking for a Field Service Engineer to join our Service team in Be’er-Sheva, Israel.
Fabric’s professional services team is responsible for all the technical aspects of keeping the robotic system up and running.
Our team is working on-site, ‘hands-on’, verifying that our robots and the entire operational cycle are exceeding expectations.
Our team comprises system engineering experts, technology system integrators, IT and field system technicians.
Service engineers are required to diagnose, repair, and maintain our robotic system while collaborating with other teams (SoC, system integration, Tier 3, and more) to improve our system’s robustness and reliability.
Responsibilities range from onsite servicing for robots and stations to developing support methodologies, reporting, and tools.
- Maintenance, repair, and installation of our robotics hardware environment.
- Technical training and mentoring of new support technicians.
- Defining and writing procedures for maintenance, recovery, and deployment of robots and stations.
- Hands-on technical skills - a must
- Willingness for non-routine work hours (working in shifts, including weekends and nights) - a must
- Technical degree or training
- Experience with fieldwork
- Experience with a multidisciplinary system - an advantage
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Willingness to work abroad if needed
- Proficiency in spoken and written English