Strategic Finance FP&A Manager
About the position
At Fabric, we enable retailers and brands to profitability scale their online business with fast fulfillment and a new kind of delivery experience. By leveraging innovative software and robotics and placing micro-fulfillment centers close to where customers are, Fabric helps businesses meet even 1-hour delivery standards. Better yet, with Fabric’s powerful technology, businesses can deliver an engaging, branded experience that helps strengthen their customer relationships.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Evolv (Kraft Heinz), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City, Atlanta and Tel Aviv, Fabric is constantly growing with over 200 team members globally and 20 sites under development/contract, including four live micro-fulfillment centers.
Fabric continues its rapid expansion and plans to continue rolling out its operations in key urban locations, as it realizes its mission, to bring brands and online shoppers closer.
Strategic Finance Financial Planning & Analysis (“FP&A”) Manager
We are looking for a Financial Planning & Analysis (“FP&A”) Manager to join our Finance team in Israel.
The G&A group is the fueling engine behind our people- whether it’s IT, Finance, Legal, Internal Ops, or HR- we’re all focused on building the organizational infrastructure & processes to help create an energizing, professional & highly engaging work environment. We are a team of business partners, enablers- constantly investing in enabling the company to grow and evolve quickly as it achieves its business goals. Whether it's systems, procedures, processes or tools- they are all part of our every day as we drive growth & development throughout the company.
As a Strategic Finance FP&A Manager, you will be responsible for contributing insights into our financial performance and supporting strategic and operational initiatives. You will also build tools and systems that will allow us to scale and that will be critical to informing our company’s investment and resource allocation decisions. This person will work closely with business leaders to provide data-driven decision support across all functions of the company. Our ideal candidate is a resourceful team player who can learn quickly in a fast-paced environment and understands how to drive initiatives across the finish line in a timely and efficient manner.
- Coordinate and manage corporate planning efforts and partner with leadership on monthly, annual, and long-range budget and forecast planning
- Implement a financial planning software tool for the management of corporate planning efforts
- Translate company goals into financial forecasts, backed by market data
- Develop and manage in-depth, data-driven financial models, including the corporate model, that guide our strategic decision-making on deal structuring, revenue drivers, operating activities, and new R&D initiatives, by assessing financial return and ROI
- Track business performance and KPI trends against operating plans and prepare variance analyses for management and other key stakeholders
- Lead business performance review and derive actionable financial, operational, transactional insights
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed, including evaluation of new initiatives and market trends, for executive management, product and sales efforts
- Initiate continual process improvement efforts that enhance timeliness and accuracy of financial results
- Support Sales Operations on pricing and returns analyses
- Support management in corporate development activities, including debt and equity raises
- Support Investor Reporting and quarterly Board responsibilities
- Establish and maintain strong cross-functional relationships to assess informational needs, provide decision support, and develop sustainable processes and tools
- Coordinate with the accounting team on month, quarter and year-end close processes to ensure accurate and timely delivery of financial reports
- 5-6 years work experience with at least 3 years of experience in an FP&A/corporate finance role plus a background in investment banking, consulting, or transaction advisory.
- Experience with management of fixed assets, inventory, and/or complex supply chains
- Experience consolidating and planning for expansion of multiple entities or business locations as found with brick and mortar retail or real estate related companies
- Experience implementing and working with software tools for financial planning (Adaptive Insights, Hyperion, Anaplan etc.)
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel with the ability to create robust, scalable, and flexible financial models and scenario analyses
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills and the ability to execute on both tactical detail and the big picture
- Extremely organized, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a natural self-starter
- Solid track record of successful team collaboration with the ability to own and drive projects while also supporting fellow team members on various tasks
- The entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment with the ability to roll up your sleeves and get any job - no matter how big or small – done
- Familiarity with SQL and BI dashboards, such as Sisense, Looker, PowerBI, or Tableau
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics or related field
- MBA degree or MBA Candidate at a top tier program
- Previous experience in the supply chain logistics, retail, grocery retail or other inventory driven industries, or capital intensive projects (Telcom, Datacenter, Tech Infrastructure)
- Working knowledge of Hebrew