Embedded Software Engneer
About the position
Fabric makes profitable on-demand e-commerce a reality. Its flexible micro-fulfillment solution was specifically designed to enable fast fulfillment from small spaces. By leveraging robotic automation, Fabric allows retailers to reduce costs and cut fulfillment times.
Unlike any other micro-fulfillment solution, Fabric’s software-led robotics and modular approach give retailers the flexibility to build the fulfillment center that fits their requirements, allowing them to fulfill online orders at maximum speed while ensuring profitability. Retailers can choose a platform model to run and operate independently on their real estate or a service model in which fulfillment is offered as a service, with minimal capex investment.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City and Tel Aviv, Fabric is rapidly expanding its U.S. operations with over 170+ team members globally and 15 sites under development/contract, including two live micro-fulfillment centers.
Embedded Software Engineer
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to join our R&D team in TLV.
Fabric is looking for an Embedded Engineer. In this role, you will be exposed to different areas of software development from low-level drivers up to high level embedded object-oriented applications development. In addition, you will collaborate with other departments of the company, such as project managers, mechanics, software, hardware, and quality engineers.
Fabric Robotic R&D is a multi-disciplinary group, built from teams of Hardware, Mechanical, Control, and V&V of highly skilled Engineers. The team is responsible for designing the next generation of robotic platforms starting from scratch and up to the final product.
The design stage requires experiments and expertise in delivering fast prototypes to help choose the concept.
During the deployment of the prototype robots, the team encounters many problems that require fast solutions and fast implementation to ensure the project will continue without delays.
Team members support the engineering and manufacturing process during the product life cycle with constant improvements and modifications
- Responsibility for an end-to-end development process of the embedded products
- Define the requirements, work plans, milestones, and deliveries
- Architecture design for embedded systems
- Being the focal point for both internal and external company interfaces (e.g. sub-contractors)
- BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent, from a known University.
- At least 3 years as an Embedded Engineer with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Yocto or other Linux OS – must
- Strong skills in C and Python development
- Extensive experience working with Real-Time Embedded systems
- Experience in defining and designing end-to-end solutions including project management
- Low-level debugging abilities (Using scope, DVM, logic analyzer …) - an advantage
- Ability to analyze and understand a wide range of complex systems
- Developing on ARM microcontrollers (Cortex M family) - an advantage
- Development of robotics platform - an advantage