About the position
Fabric enables retailers and brands to profitably scale their online business with fast fulfillment and a new kind of delivery experience. By leveraging innovative software and robotics and placing flexible micro-fulfillment centers close to where customers are, Fabric helps businesses meet even 1-hour delivery standards. Better yet, with Fabric’s powerful technology, businesses can deliver an engaging, branded experience that helps strengthen their customer relationships.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Evolv (Kraft Heinz), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City, Atlanta and Tel Aviv, Fabric is constantly growing with over 200 team members globally and 20 sites under development/contract, including four live micro-fulfillment centers.
Fabric continues its rapid expansion and plans to continue rolling out its operations in key urban locations, as it realizes its mission, to bring brands and online shoppers closer.
We are looking for an Accounting Manager to join our accounting team in Atlanta.
The accounting team currently operates in both the US and Israel. The teams in both countries are expanding with the growth of the company so it is an exciting time to join and shape the future of the team.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for the management of all accounting operations in the US including revenue recognition, accounts payable, inventory and fixed asset management, payroll, and cash management. The US accounting is currently performed by a third party and will need to be transitioned in-house. This role is expected to bring expertise of best in class processes and systems to enable efficient and scalable accounting operations. Cross functional collaboration will be a key to success. This role will work closely with the finance function to provide insights and analysis to business partners throughout the organization in both the US and Israel.
- Manage the full cycle accounting operations including accounts payable, fixed assets and capital expenditures, payroll, cash management, and financial reporting
- Manage a high-performing team, encouraging collaboration, with a focus on developing and mentoring the team to improve performance and advance their career plans
- Drive process improvement in all aspects of accounting and across business units for efficiency and scalability
- Develop scalable internal controls within the accounting function and intersections across the organization
- Implement new and improved accounting systems and software including but not limited to ERP, procurement and AP, fixed asset management, and lease administration
- Manage and continuously improve financial reporting for the company including understanding and analyzing financial data, and developing and presenting accounting insights to leadership
- Work closely with the Strategic Finance team on monthly financial analysis and insights as well as budget preparation and inputs
- Become a trusted business partner to key stakeholders by providing BvA analysis and insights along with suggested improvements or process changes
- Support due diligence related to financing activities as well as investor and debtor reporting requirements
- Support the annual audit and tax compliance
- Assist in development, tracking, and performance of accounting KPIs
- Remain current on accounting pronouncements that are applicable to the company, inform management of new requirements and changes to financial reporting, and implement timely.
- 10+ years of experience working in a combination of big 4 and corporate accounting
- 3+ years of experience managing a growing team
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or related field
- CPA required
- Experience with technology or software companies and management of fixed assets, inventory and/or complex supply chains
- Experience implementing and working with a robust ERP (NetSuite is a plus) and accounting software tools
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to execute on both tactical detail and the big picture
- Extremely organized, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a natural self-starter
- Proven track record of successful team collaboration with ability to own and drive projects while also supporting fellow team members on various tasks
- Entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment with the ability to roll up your sleeves and get any job - no matter how big or small – done
What you’ll get
Supportive team environment, flexible schedule. Add to that a competitive salary, best in class benefits package, which includes medical, life, dental & vision, 401(k), paid time off and career growth opportunities