About the position
Fabric makes profitable on-demand e-commerce a reality. Its flexible micro-fulfillment solution was specifically designed to enable fast fulfillment from small spaces. By leveraging robotic automation, Fabric allows retailers to reduce costs and cut fulfillment times.
Unlike any other micro-fulfillment solution, Fabric’s software-led robotics and modular approach gives retailers the flexibility to build the fulfillment center that fits their requirements, allowing them to fulfill online orders at maximum speed while ensuring profitability. Retailers can choose a platform model to run and operate independently on their real estate or a service model in which fulfillment is offered as a service, with minimal capex investment.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City, Atlanta, GA, and Tel Aviv, Fabric is rapidly expanding its U.S. operations with over 170+ team members globally and 15 sites under development/contract, including two live micro-fulfillment centers.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our accounting team in Atlanta, GA.
The accounting team currently operates in both the US and Israel. The teams in both countries are expanding with the growth of the company so it is an exciting time to join and shape the future of the team.
The Senior Accountant will be a key financial accounting partner that performs general accounting tasks daily for expense and balance sheet accounts, providing reconciliation and analysis assistance, delivering financial reports and performing accounting research. This role will play an integral role in the development and implementation of accounting processes and procedures as we expand the US accounting team. This role is expected to bring expertise of best in class processes and systems to enable efficient and scalable accounting operations. Cross functional collaboration will be a key to success.
- Assist with full cycle accounting operations including accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets and capital expenditures, cash management, and financial reporting
- Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement of all Accounting processes, engaging process design conversations and making recommendations.
- Perform accounting research and conduct variance analysis on financial results to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes impacting completeness and accuracy of the financial statements.
- Responsible for fixed assets and inventory accounting controls. Ensuring accuracy of reconciliations to sub ledger accounts, while managing CapEx expenditures, transfers, and dispositions
- Assist in the continuous improvement of accounting systems and software including but not limited to ERP, procurement and AP, fixed asset management, and lease administration
- Work closely with the Strategic Finance team on monthly financial analysis and insights as well as budget preparation and inputs
- Become a trusted business partner to key stakeholders by providing BvA analysis and insights along with suggested improvements or process changes
- Support the annual audit and tax compliance
- 5+ years of experience working in corporate accounting
- Big 4 accounting experience will be a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or related field
- CPA Preferred
- Experience with technology or software companies and management of fixed assets, inventory and/or complex supply chains
- Experience working with a robust ERP (NetSuite is a plus) and accounting software tools
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to execute on both tactical detail and the big picture
- Extremely organized, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a natural self-starter
- Proven track record of successful team collaboration with ability to own and drive projects while also supporting fellow team members on various tasks
- Entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment with the ability to roll up your sleeves and get any job - no matter how big or small – done
What you’ll get
Supportive team environment, flexible schedule. Add to that a competitive salary, best in class benefits package, which includes medical, life, dental & vision, 401(k), paid time off and career growth opportunities