Software Engineer - Robotic System
About the position
Fabric makes profitable on-demand e-commerce a reality. Its flexible micro-fulfillment solution was specifically designed to enable fast fulfillment from small spaces. By leveraging robotic automation, Fabric allows retailers to reduce costs and cut fulfillment times.
Unlike any other micro-fulfillment solution, Fabric’s software-led robotics and modular approach give retailers the flexibility to build the fulfillment center that fits their requirements, allowing them to fulfill online orders at maximum speed while ensuring profitability. Retailers can choose a platform model to run and operate independently on their real estate or a service model in which fulfillment is offered as a service, with minimal capex investment.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City and Tel Aviv, Fabric is rapidly expanding its U.S. operations with over 170+ team members globally and 15 sites under development/contract, including two live micro-fulfillment centers.
Software Engineer - Robotic System
We are looking for a Software Engineer with excellent technical skills to join our Robots Development engineering team in Tel Aviv.
Fabric’s Robotic R&D is a multi-disciplinary group, comprised of skilled SW, Algo, HW, Mechanical, Control, and V&V engineers. The group is responsible for designing the next generation of robotic platforms starting from scratch and up to a production class product.
The team is responsible for the product development throughout its lifecycle; from requirements and ideation to rapid experimentation with a “fail fast” & “fail forward” approach - until the deployment at production sites and integration to the company’s process flow, delivering value at scale. We also support reliability across a global fleet. Implementing continuous integration and continuous deployment methodologies for our constantly improving product.
As Robotic System SW Engineer, you will join a multidisciplinary team, including HW and SW engineers. You will design and implement solutions to affect and shape the future of Fabric’s robotic solution while developing a cutting-edge robotic system.
You will implement CI & CD pipelines and observability for a business-critical production environment. You will write code, leverage managed solutions, open-source tools, and industry best practices to ensure that our robotic solution is reliable, performant, and scalable while constantly increasing its capabilities
- Be a central figure in SW design while maintaining and establishing best practices in the robotic system group.
- Integrate & orchestrate the different elements of the robotic system (software, mechanical, hardware, algorithms) in a functional and harmonic manner - including cutting-edge robotic manipulators, vision SW & HW, AI-based algorithms, etc.
- Design and implement solutions for CI/CD, including simulating new code to test potential improvements or issues while assuring code reliability and best practices.
- Provide means of verification and analysis of the platform performance & reliability in production, across a global fleet of systems, operative 24/7.
- Collaborate to develop solutions enhancing the robotic system performance across multiple disciplines & use cases.
- 3+ years of software development experience, including hands-on experience in running solutions in production environments - a must
- Academic degree in Computer Science or similar discipline - must
- An excellent collaborator with great communication skills, who can take part in a diverse cross-functional team
- Experience with modern (containerized) CI/CD solutions - a big advantage
- Experience with Python - Advantage
- Experienced in SW-HW code implementation, and specifically, robotics experience - nice to have
The perfect candidate is someone who:
- Is thrilled when they solve complex engineering and architecture problems
- Is driven by the desire to make a big impact
- Enjoys an enabling role, supporting the team’s velocity and practices