Operations Development Manager
About the position
Fabric enables retailers and brands to profitably scale their online business with fast fulfillment and a new kind of delivery experience. By leveraging innovative software and robotics and placing flexible micro-fulfillment centers close to where customers are, Fabric helps businesses meet even 1-hour delivery standards. Better yet, with Fabric’s powerful technology, businesses can deliver an engaging, branded experience that helps strengthen their customer relationships.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Evolv (Kraft Heinz), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City, Atlanta and Tel Aviv, Fabric is constantly growing with over 200 team members globally and 20 sites under development/contract, including four live micro-fulfillment centers.
Fabric continues its rapid expansion and plans to continue rolling out its operations in key urban locations, as it realizes its mission, to bring brands and online shoppers closer.
Operations Development Manager
We are looking for an Operations Development Manager to join our Operations Development team based on the East Coast. This is a remote role best filled from any metropolitan area in the Eastern US.
The Operations Development team is in charge of understanding Fabric’s customers’ needs and designing a world class operating model. We work closely with the Operations team to understand their pain-points and drive continuous improvement through performance analysis and process re-engineering. Operations Development team defines the requirements for the Product and Solution team and works shoulder to shoulder with the Operations team to successfully implement Fabric’s operation model on the ground.
As an Operations Development Manager you will step change and improve core elements of Fabric's global operating model and product, using your prior experience and your keen understanding of worldwide best practice. You will drive forward new partnerships, tailor our operating model for future customers’ needs and collaborate with them to design our new sites.
- Define our requirements for new features for the Product and Solution teams to develop and ensure the right solution is developed and implemented
- Sample challenges could include - How do we handle fruit and veg in our system? How can we reduce picking errors? How can we improve labor efficiency?
- Assess our existing sites, identify bottlenecks and eliminate these bottlenecks through operational improvements and sw development (in partnership with our Operations team)
- Ensure our operating model is successfully implemented onsite
- Ensure we use our sites’ space efficiently, optimising operational flows
- BSc, BA, or equivalent degree from a top tier university
- 3+ years of operational experience
- Prior experience in online Grocery or General Merchandise fulfillment is preferred
- Experience in physical product management/operations development
- Strong strategic and analytical background (consulting / operations or related experience a plus)
- Proven effective communication skills
- Exceptional Powerpoint skills, proficient in Excel, Visio Outlook etc.
- Customer Obsession and Zero-Defects aspiration
- Analytical - ability to take complex information and create a compelling and understood narrative
- Hands on approach
- Self starter and fast learner
- Team player
- Open minded and flexible
- Strong communication skills in English (verbal and written)
What you’ll get
Supportive team environment, flexible schedule. Add to that a competitive salary, best in class benefits package, which includes medical, life, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid time off and career growth opportunities