About the position
We are looking for a Controller to join our accounting team in Tel Aviv.
Fabric makes profitable on-demand e-commerce a reality. Its flexible micro-fulfillment solution was specifically designed to enable fast fulfillment from small spaces. By leveraging robotic automation, Fabric allows retailers to reduce costs and cut fulfillment times.
Unlike any other micro-fulfillment solution, Fabric’s software-led robotics and modular approach give retailers the flexibility to build the fulfillment center that fits their requirements, allowing them to fulfill online orders at maximum speed while ensuring profitability. Retailers can choose a platform model to run and operate independently on their real estate or a service model in which fulfillment is offered as a service, with minimal capex investment.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City and Tel Aviv, Fabric is rapidly expanding its operations with over 300+ team members globally and 10 sites under development/contract, including four live micro-fulfillment centers.
The accounting team currently operates in both the US and Israel. The teams in both countries are expanding with the company's growth, so it is an exciting time to join and shape the future of the team.
The Controller will be responsible for managing the accounting operations of the Israel parent company. This includes revenue recognition, accounts payable, inventory and fixed assets, month-end close, and financial reporting. This role is expected to bring best-in-class processes and systems to enable efficient and scalable accounting operations. Cross-functional collaboration will be a key to success.
- Oversee the full cycle accounting operations including accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory and capital expenditures, payroll, cash management, and financial reporting
- Manage a high-performing team, encouraging collaboration, with a focus on developing and mentoring the team to improve performance and advance their career plans
- Drive process improvement in all aspects of accounting and across business units for efficiency and scalability
- Develop scalable internal controls within the accounting function and intersections across the organization
- Manage and continuously improve financial reporting for the company including understanding and analyzing financial data, and developing and presenting accounting insights to leadership
- Work closely with the finance team on monthly financial analysis and insights as well as budget preparation and inputs
- Ensure compliance with regulatory tax reporting and transfer pricing
- Assist with implementation of NetSuite ERP
- Assist in development, tracking, and performance of accounting KPIs
- 7+ years of experience working in a combination of Big 4 accounting and corporate accounting
- 3+ years of experience managing a growing team
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or related field
- CPA required
- Experience with technology or software companies and management of fixed assets, inventory, and/or complex supply chains
- Experience implementing and working with a robust ERP (NetSuite is a plus) and accounting software tools
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to execute on both tactical detail and the big picture
- Extremely organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of successful team collaboration with the ability to own and drive projects while also supporting fellow team members on various tasks
- An entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment with the ability to roll up your sleeves and get any job - no matter how big or small – done