About the position
At Fabric, we enable retailers and brands to profitability scale their online business with fast fulfillment and a new kind of delivery experience. By leveraging innovative software and robotics and placing micro-fulfillment centers close to where customers are, Fabric helps businesses meet even 1-hour delivery standards. Better yet, with Fabric’s powerful technology, businesses can deliver an engaging, branded experience that helps strengthen their customer relationships.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date, is in Series C funding, and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Evolv (Kraft Heinz), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City, Atlanta and Tel Aviv, Fabric is constantly growing with over 200 team members globally and 20 sites under development/contract, including 6 live micro-fulfillment centers.
Fabric continues its rapid expansion and plans to continue rolling out its operations in key urban locations, as it realizes its mission, to bring brands and online shoppers closer.
This collaborative position engages with cross functional departments internally and the R+D department for the design creation and implementation of the racking systems installed for robotic MFC deployments globally. (50% Strategic / 50% Execution)
- Create schematic and detailed engineering for racking systems
- Direct external partners and Integrate plans into the construction documents
- Create instructions for vendors to implement in the field
- Engage with R+D teams for best practices and methodology
- Partner with the construction team for feedback and procedures
- Create materials listing for purchasing and validate cost
- BS, Mechanical Engineering
- 5-10 years of experience in racking/shelving systems engineering and programming.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment creating new workstreams and partnerships.
- Ability to lead teams internally and provide direction to field team members.
- Certifications are a plus.
- Background in all CAD software platforms, esp Solidworks and Revit.
- We work hard, but this position brings with it the future of engineering and fulfillment. Planning successful launches is key to our success, and your methodology and project management skills will be highlighted daily.
- Ability to assist Procurement in strategic sourcing of new partners for scale.
- Ability to manage and report cost, escalate production in the factory when needed and be a solutions provider.
What you’ll get
Unparalleled opportunity to be in the ground works of a company positioned for dynamic growth.
Supportive and engaged team environment, flexible schedule. Add to that a competitive salary, best in class benefits package, which includes medical, life, dental & vision, 401(k), paid time off and career growth opportunities.