About the position
At Fabric, we enable retailers and brands to profitability scale their online business with fast fulfillment and a new kind of delivery experience. By leveraging innovative software and robotics and placing micro-fulfillment centers close to where customers are, Fabric helps businesses meet even 1-hour delivery standards. Better yet, with Fabric’s powerful technology, businesses can deliver an engaging, branded experience that helps strengthen their customer relationships.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date, is in Series C funding, and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Evolv (Kraft Heinz), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City, Atlanta and Tel Aviv, Fabric is constantly growing with over 200 team members globally and 20 sites under development/contract, including 6 live micro-fulfillment centers.
Fabric continues its rapid expansion and plans to continue rolling out its operations in key urban locations, as it realizes its mission, to bring brands and online shoppers closer.
This collaborative position engages with cross functional departments internally and the field teams/construction teams for the physical implementation/installation of racking systems for robotic MFC deployments in the US. (75% execution/ 25% strategic)
- Review, recommend changes and implement detailed engineering plans for racking systems
- Assist in directing field teams in bidding, instructions review and contracting
- Lead field teams in physical installation work onsite during racking segments
- Engage with R+D teams for best practices and methodology
- Engage with GCs nationally for logistics and schedule planning and implementation
- Validate materials listing for purchasing and escalate shortfalls to Procurement
- Background in mechanics and systems implementation
- 5-10 years of experience of leading construction teams in the field
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment creating new workstreams and partnerships
- Ability to lead teams internally and provide direction to external field team members
- Certifications are a plus
- Background in all CAD software platforms, especially Solidworks and Revit
- Ability to lead others and adhere to schedules
- Ability to assist Procurement in strategic sourcing of new partners for scale
- Ability to lead field teams in their efforts onsite as a 'hands-on' leader
What you’ll get
Unparalleled opportunity to be in the ground works of a company positioned for dynamic growth.
Supportive and engaged team environment, flexible schedule. Add to that a competitive salary, best in class benefits package, which includes medical, life, dental & vision, 401(k), paid time off and career growth opportunities.