Field Services Technician
About the position
At Fabric, we enable retailers and brands to profitably scale their online business with fast fulfillment and a new kind of delivery experience. By leveraging innovative software and robotics and placing micro-fulfillment centers close to where customers are, Fabric helps businesses meet even 1-hour delivery standards. Better yet, with Fabric’s powerful technology, businesses can deliver an engaging, branded experience that helps strengthen their customer relationships.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Evolv (Kraft Heinz), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City, Atlanta and Tel Aviv, Fabric is constantly growing with over 200 team members globally and 20 sites under development/contract, including four live micro-fulfillment centers.
Fabric continues its rapid expansion and plans to continue rolling out its operations in key urban locations, as it realizes its mission, to bring brands and online shoppers closer.
We are looking for a Field Services Technician to join our Professional Services team in Capitol Heights, MD.
Fabric is expanding its footprint in the US and establishing new micro fulfillment centers. Fabric’s professional services team is responsible for all the technical aspects of keeping the robotic system up and running. Our team is working on site, ‘hands-on’, verifying that our robots and the entire operational cycle are exceeding expectations. Our team comprises system engineering experts, technology system integrators, IT and field system technicians.
As a Field Services Technician you will possess technical competence in Fabric’s robotics systems and the ability to resolve and guide others through advanced systems problem resolution. You will perform commissioning, troubleshooting and preventive maintenance of different robotic systems.
Through multidisciplinary problem-solving, you will lead from end to end the deployment flow of the company’s automatic warehouse solution, as well as provide solutions and guidance to the system’s problems by troubleshooting the system or advising on how to resolve different problems.
- Write requirements that will improve system robustness, reliability, and maintainability of Fabric’s advanced robotic system.
- Be the onsite focal point for the technical performance of the robotic system.
- Provide onsite support and 2nd tier troubleshooting and perform site-specific training for the company.
- Adhere to safety standards and local and national codes, with a high degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
- Monitor and verify the system to meet the operational requirements as planned.
- Report problems or changes to the professional services team.
- Support the System Engineers, provide onsite product support and installation expertise, and ensure best practices are followed and understood and product engineering challenges are resolved with excellent technical and practical competence relating to automation and general engineering.
- 2 years’ experience required in a field technical role or any electro-mechanical experience.
- “Hands-on” approach is a must.
- Experience within the electro-mechanical industry with basic knowledge and understanding of database structures, network configuration, and analysis.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office products and able to adapt to other computer systems quickly, utilize them efficiently
- High level of technical troubleshooting mechanically as well as debugging skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts.
- Team player with excellent presentation and communication skills. Able to write technical specifications and detailed field notes, work with R&D to identify system bugs and workarounds.
- Valid driver’s license.
You will stand out as a candidate if you have
- Electronics or mechanical certification from an technical school.
What you’ll get
Supportive team environment, flexible schedule and good conditions: competitive salary, best in class benefits package, which includes medical, life, dental & vision, 401(k), paid time off and career growth opportunities.