About the position
Fabric enables retailers and brands to profitably scale their online business with fast fulfillment and a new kind of delivery experience. By leveraging innovative software and robotics and placing flexible micro-fulfillment centers close to where customers are, Fabric helps businesses meet even 1-hour delivery standards. Better yet, with Fabric’s powerful technology, businesses can deliver an engaging, branded experience that helps strengthen their customer relationships.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Evolv (Kraft Heinz), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City, Atlanta and Tel Aviv, Fabric is constantly growing with over 200 team members globally and 20 sites under development/contract, including four live micro-fulfillment centers.
Fabric continues its rapid expansion and plans to continue rolling out its operations in key urban locations, as it realizes its mission, to bring brands and online shoppers closer.
We are looking for a dedicated and experienced Solution Architect to join our Professional Services team in the US. The right person should understand the company operation model and API and will be our technology point of contact for new customer onboarding.
This is a remote role best filled by any metropolitan area in the Central or Eastern US.
As a Solution Architect, you will meet with our customer to implement and integrate between the client’s systems and Fabric’s warehouse management system (WMS). It will be up to you to identify gaps in the APIs and recognize any customization considerations. Once gaps or customizations are identified it is up to you to communicate those to our development team.
- Understand client systems needs as it relates to Fabric’s platform APIs, across multiple technology stacks.
- Design solutions to bridge gaps between client business needs and Fabric’s platform, with minimal or no changes to the core product.
- Lead the technical communications with the client, educating them on the product, operational model, and best practices.
- Support presale processes, demonstrating the technical elements of Fabric’s solutions to prospective partners, as well as write and Provide content for bids and proposals
- Collect client feedback and come up with product enhancement requests. Collaborate with Product Management to provide inputs to the product roadmap.
- Provide documentation and technical guidance to ensure the technical success of clients’ integrations.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team (Operations Leaders, Product Managers, Software Engineers)
- At least 5 years of experience in customer-facing roles
- Significant experience with retail/e-commerce platforms, or ERP, DOM, WMS, WES solutions
- EDI/API integration experience is an advantage
- Technical understanding of software engineering, architecture, and design
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and staying out of the comfort zone
- An excellent collaborator with great communication skills
- Proven ability to present technical solutions and how they can solve business problems to all audiences, including non-technical ones
- Experience providing support for sales or presales pursuits either for a Systems Integrator, Services, or a Product line
What you’ll get
Supportive team environment, flexible schedule. Add to that a competitive salary, best-in-class benefits package, which includes medical, life, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid time off and career growth opportunities.