Senior Inventory Analyst
About the position
Fabric makes profitable on-demand e-commerce a reality. Its flexible micro-fulfillment solution was specifically designed to enable fast fulfillment from small spaces. By leveraging robotic automation, Fabric allows retailers to reduce costs and cut fulfillment times.
Unlike any other micro-fulfillment solution, Fabric’s software-led robotics and modular approach gives retailers the flexibility to build the fulfillment center that fits their requirements, allowing them to fulfill online orders at maximum speed while ensuring profitability. Retailers can choose a platform model to run and operate independently on their real estate or a service model in which fulfillment is offered as a service, with minimal capex investment.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City, Atlanta, GA, and Tel Aviv, Fabric is rapidly expanding its U.S. operations with over 200+ team members globally and 20 sites under development/contract, including four live micro-fulfillment centers.
Senior Inventory Analyst
We are looking for a Senior Inventory Analyst to join our Operations Control Center Team seated in Brooklyn, NYC.
Operations Control Center Team
The Operations Control Center (OCC) Team provides centralized live operations support for Fabric’s global network of Micro Fulfillment Centers (MFCs), driving a World Class Experience for the Fabric portfolio of clients. The primary functions of the OCC Team will be to support key areas of Fabric’s Site and Customer Support Operations, including: Live Site Operations; Tactical Planning and Continuous Improvement Support; Administration and HR Partnership; and a 24/7 Partner Support Operation for issue management and resolution.
The Senior Inventory Analyst role is seated in our NYC Operations Control Center (OCC). This role is responsible for the monitoring, analysis and management of inventory within one or more Micro Fulfillment Centers (MFCs), and will potentially be a people leader of other inventory analysts. This is a client-facing role, responsible for inventory analysis and working strategically with our clients to ensure our MFCs have the right product at the right time, allowing for optimal MFC space/tote utilization, increased order fulfillment rates/throughput, and ultimately help drive site financial performance and customer satisfaction.
- Performs analysis on site inventory levels, including DOH/WOH, min/max triggers, item velocity (slow/no-movers) to provide guidance on having the right inventory at the right time leading to increased order fill rates
- Working with internal/external partners to advise client on optimizing packaging, etc
- Utilizes demand-driven principles to effectively maintain and balance current and future inventory needs based on demand trends, client promotions, etc
- Resolves inventory discrepancies, inventory-related operational challenges, and inter-company transfer issues
- Work with fulfillment operations on root cause analysis and solution development
- Client-facing role - will liaise with Fabric’s clients to advise on inventory allocation matters
- Able to effectively and strategically lead and manage the performance of a team of inventory analysts, in the future
- Advises site leadership on task prioritization, including decanting, tote handling, stock putaway, etc
- Monitors and reports out on key inventory control/financial metrics
- Supports adherence to key site SLAs and client expectations, helping drive an optimal experience for our internal and external customers
- Prepares daily, weekly, monthly, and other ad hoc summaries related to inventory management
- 3-4 years experience in inventory planning with people leader experience; bonus to have ecom FC inventory operations experience
- 4 year degree in supply chain management/finance/business preferred
- Ability to work in cold temperature environments (in our grocery MFCs)
- Experience in standard inventory control processes
- Polished communicator; computer literacy; analytical skills; prioritization; time-management; problem solving; multi-tasking
- Up to 10% travel, as needed
- Hours - most likely normal business hours, but ability to work different shifts if needed
- Becomes trained in other OCC functions to assist when needed
What you’ll get
Supportive team environment, flexible schedule. Add to that a competitive salary, best in class benefits package, which includes medical, life, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid time off and career growth opportunities