Applied Research Team Lead
About the position
We are looking for a team lead to join our Applied Research group in Tel-Aviv.
The applied research group is responsible for algorithmic and machine learning solutions at the heart of Fabric’s product. Examples include task time estimation, resource allocation optimization, demand prediction, and pathfinding algorithms for a multi-robot system. The group is growing and is now looking for a team lead to join.
As a team lead you will define the roadmap for a team of applied researchers, and lead its implementation. The team will consist of 2-6 researchers (depending on the candidate's managerial experience), delivering both analyses (projects whose outcome is an insight) and working software services in production. The team lead role is expected to be ~50% hands-on (but may vary, depending on managerial experience and the size of the team).
● Define a roadmap for the team (working closely with the Product organization).
● Lead the team in executing its roadmap, delivering analyses results and working software services in production.
● Own the team’s working processes: sync with stakeholders, design reviews, code reviews, deployments, retrospectives.
● Mentor, guide, and motivate the team.
● MSc or higher in CS, industrial engineering, or other relevant quantitative fields.
● At least 7 years of relevant experience in research, data science and algorithms development, and familiarity with a variety of tools within these disciplines.
● Experience as a team lead or a tech lead.
● Good software engineering skills and proficiency in Python.
● Excellent collaboration and communication skills, and ability to take part in diverse cross-functional teams.