Field Service Engineer
About The Position
At Fabric, we enable retailers and brands to scale profitability in both their online and brick-and-mortar businesses with a high-density, high-throughput automated fulfillment platform. With its proprietary software-driven robotics, Fabric is developing a micro-fulfillment solution that enables businesses to increase their fulfillment capacity and overcome labor scarcity, guarantee the accuracy, and meet growing consumer demand. r. Whether for e-commerce fulfillment in a distribution center, back-of-store fulfillment, or B2B replenishment, Fabric enables brands to control costs while delivering an engaging, branded experience that helps strengthen their customer relationships.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $338 million and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Evolv (Kraft Heinz), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek.
We are looking for a Field service engineer to join our service team in Beer Sheva
Fabric’s Service team is responsible for all the technical aspects of keeping the robotic system up and running.
Our team works on-site, ‘hands-on’, verifying that our robots and the entire operational cycle exceed expectations. Performing preventive maintenance, repair, and upgrade to the robotic system. To increase our system reliability, we worked with the R&D performing troubleshooting and investigation to find the root cause of system failures.
Service engineers must diagnose, repair, and maintain our robotic system while collaborating with other teams (Support center, system integration, Tier 3, and more) to improve our system’s robustness and reliability.
Responsibilities range from onsite servicing for robots and stations to developing support methodologies, reporting, and tools.
What you’ll do
- Maintenance, repair, and installation of our robotics hardware environment.
- Technical training and mentoring of new support technicians.
- Defining and writing procedures for maintenance, recovery, and deployment of robots and stations.
- Working together with R&D to define and develop technical tools for rapid maintenance.
- Build the foundation for future maintenance and support.
Who you are
- hands-on technical skills - a must
- Willingness for non-routine work hours (working in shifts, including weekends and nights) - a must
- Technical degree or training
- Experience with fieldwork
- Experience with a multidisciplinary system - an advantage
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Willingness to work abroad if needed
- Proficiency in spoken and written English