About The Position
At Fabric, we enable retailers and brands to profitability scale both their online and brick-and-mortar business with a high density, high-throughput automated fulfillment platform.. With its proprietary software-driven robotics, Fabric is developing a micro-fulfillment solution that enables businesses to increase their fulfillment capacity and overcome labor scarcity, guarantee accuracy, and meet growing consumer demand. Whether it’s for e-commerce fulfillment in a distribution center, back-of-store fulfillment, or B2B replenishment, Fabric enables brands to control costs while delivering an engaging, branded experience that helps strengthen their customer relationships.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $338 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Evolv (Kraft Heinz), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek.
We are looking for a mechanical engineer with a strong background in mechanical design and experience working with dynamic systems to join our Robotics System team in Israel.
Mechanical design at Fabric is inherently multidisciplinary, requiring you to collaborate with electrical and software engineers as well as other mechanical engineers on the team.
What you’ll do:
- Optimize existing design for increased performance, reduced cost, and better serviceability
- Solve interdisciplinary issues with Control and Electrical engineers
Who you are:
- BSc/MSc in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in mechanical design
- Fluent in any CAD program (Will be required to learn SolidWorks)
- Experience with design for mass production (such as sheet metal and plastic molding technologies)
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment (new problems, time-critical projects, out-of-the-box thinking)
- Project management skills
- A team player with the ability to work with a team of engineers and technicians with varying levels of experience
- High-level technical Hebrew and English
- Specific experience in a mass manufacturing technology
- Working on a project that went to mass manufacturing
- Experience with a PDM system