Senior Software Engineer
About The Position
Your code can power your next online delivery! If you’ve ever ordered online from Rami Levy or Super-Pharm here in Israel, it’s possible it was fulfilled by Fabric, a retail technology company that combines complex warehouse management and execution software with advanced robotics to create amazing customer experiences, from click to delivery. We’re expanding our rapidly growing software team and need talented engineers to tackle huge challenges to make a real impact in the real world.
Our R&D team
- We are a team of software engineers, algorithm developers, data scientists and researchers, all dedicated to building our Robotic Fulfillment Platform.
- We have a diverse tech stack, with a backend organized in services architecture that helps keep it flexible as well as more traditional solid backend components.
We’re investing in DevOps culture, which means end-to-end ownership from supporting the feature design to monitoring the production deployment.
About the role
- The code you will write will live in the heart of our product. It is what we call the “fulfillment platform” domain.
- It starts at the top, with exposing customer facing API’s and handling customer updates.
- Continues with allocating and managing inventory and stock.
- Proceeds with prioritizing and executing picking orders, receiving stock, and other robotic operation tasks.
- Finally, seeing the order through packing and delivery processes.
- Our code sets the pace of the site operation. We optimize movement in the site so that operations are smooth, fast, and efficient.
Work closely with Fulfillment site operations. Understand the versatile and complex site operational process, observe, derive insights and implement solutions that have real and immediate impact on efficiency and throughput. You will find yourself involved in hands-on analysis of the day to day in a fulfillment center and have tons of opportunities to improve and to make a difference.
- On-Prem K8s based deployment
- Python / React
- PostgreSQL / MongoDB
- 5+ years of experience of coding and design of large systems
- Experience working with complex, large-scale applications
- A deep understanding of production systems and the architecture of web applications
- Independent, fast learner and excited about learning new technologies.
- Proactive team player with a desire to impact our team, our product and our customers
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $338 million to date and is backed by leading investors including Corner Ventures, Innovation Endeavors, Aleph, Playground Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPP Investments), Evolv (Kraft Heinz), Temasek, Princeville Capital, and more.