Site Supervisor (Eastern US)
About The Position
Fabric makes profitable on-demand e-commerce a reality. Its flexible micro-fulfillment solution was specifically designed to enable fast fulfillment from small spaces. By leveraging robotic automation, Fabric allows retailers to reduce costs and cut fulfillment times.
Unlike any other micro-fulfillment solution, Fabric’s software-led robotics and modular approach gives retailers the flexibility to build the fulfillment center that fits their requirements, allowing them to fulfill online orders at maximum speed while ensuring profitability. Retailers can choose a platform model to run and operate independently on their real estate or a service model in which fulfillment is offered as a service, with minimal capex investment.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City and Tel Aviv, Fabric is rapidly expanding its U.S. operations with over 170+ team members globally and 15 sites under development/contract, including two live micro-fulfillment centers.
We are looking for Site Supervisor to join our deployment team in the US
The Deployment department is part of the global Operations division, responsible for end to end deployment of our Micro-fulfillment solutions. The team will manage the deployment from early project development stage through analysis, real-estate search, design, construction, equipment installation until handover to the customer and provide overall project management.
As a site supervisor you will be part of the installation team and you will be the one who ensures that the project is delivered the way it was intended to. You are a decision maker on site supported by engineering and project management, you will be the eyes and ears of Fabric and a communicator between our subcontractors, internal and external stakeholders.
This position will require frequent travel which varies on the location and the scope of the project, typical project duration can be 10-20 weeks.
- Travel to project location in the US, and become Fabric’s representative on site.
- Supervise site progress starting on mobilization and site-access to handover to site operation
- Work in conjunction with the General contractor’s superintendent
- Lead and manage the day to day various sub-contractors not directly involved with the general contractor
- Learn in depth the process of racking system installation and system validation procedures
- Work hand by hand with the global project engineering and system integration team
- Work closely with the project manager, fulfil project management policies such as daily logs, issues and communicate in real time.
- Accountable for the on-site supervision of racking system installation, monitor and validate the quality.
- Responsible for reviewing plans, drawings, specifications and direct installation manuals and work instructions.
- Lead Fabric’s site safety and construction management protocols
- Coordinate system material delivery, manage on site inventory, material handling
- Accountable for safe work practices, management and supervision of the project on-site.
- Manage handover process, including day to day punch list closeout coordination
- 5+ years of experience in site supervision of significant industrial, material handling , manufacturing or high tech construction projects.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge
- Working experience with material handling equipment, racking system installation is an advantage
- Experience with AS/RS, Conveying systems, Manufacturing lines or AGVs is a significant advantage.
- Must be willing to travel often, work according to construction hours, willing to fulfill weekends, holidays and off hour work - based on company policy
- Proficient in using personal computer, most of project documentation and systems are digital
- Must be able to act professionally in harsh stressful situations
- Must be hands on, willing to work, support and train
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings
- Mechanical engineering degree preferred
- Love to travel, can be up to 100% sometimes with home visits pending site proximity
- Love working on sites, early mornings, working with people and building cool stuff.
What you’ll get
Supportive team environment, flexible schedule. Add to that a competitive salary, best in class benefits package, which includes medical, life, dental & vision, 401(k), paid time off and career growth opportunities
Apply for this position