About The Position
Fabric makes profitable on-demand e-commerce a reality. Its flexible micro-fulfillment solution was specifically designed to enable fast fulfillment from small spaces. By leveraging robotic automation, Fabric allows retailers to reduce costs and cut fulfillment times.
Unlike any other micro-fulfillment solution, Fabric’s software-led robotics and modular approach gives retailers the flexibility to build the fulfillment center that fits their requirements, allowing them to fulfill online orders at maximum speed while ensuring profitability. Retailers can choose a platform model to run and operate independently on their real estate or a service model in which fulfillment is offered as a service, with minimal capex investment.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City and Tel Aviv, Fabric is rapidly expanding its U.S. operations with over 170+ team members globally and 15 sites under development/contract, including two live micro-fulfillment centers.
We are looking for Project Engineer to join our Deployment team in the US
The Deployment department is part of the global Operations division, responsible for end to end deployment of our Micro-fulfillment solutions. The team manages the deployment from early project development stage through handover to the customer. This includes feasibility analysis, real-estate search, design, construction, equipment installation and provide overall project management.
The Project Engineer will be part of our Global Engineering team, which is responsible for designing Fabrics’ facilities around the world. This position will support the effort of the deployment team in managing the design phase of our MFC solution, from early concept, to detail design to actual construction observation, with constant value engineering optimizing our performance, space utilization and cost.
This is a remote role best filled from any metropolitan area in the Eastern US. The role may require you to travel in the US up to 25%.
- Report to global project engineering / construction under the deployment department.
- Prepare, schedule, and execute assigned engineering projects from concept to completion for Fabric facilities
- Support real estate survey/inspection when required
- Review of consultants design & deliverables to confirm compliance with Fabric design requirements
- Support value engineering initiatives during the detail design phase of the project.
- Provide estimates of project costs at all design stages of the project
- Manage project documentations, transmitals, RFI and Issues logs.
- System coordination and superposition for all building disciplines - architecture, power, HVAC, fire protection, safety, etc.
- Communicate effectively with project manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support
- Perform construction observations and support during construction and system installation phase of the project.
- Support Site-Supervisor in day to day related activities.
- Support facility handover from the contractor to Fabric.
- 10+ years experience in the field of facility engineering with emphasis on building systems
- Proven design skills and working with multidisciplinary teams of both skilled and unskilled labor
- Proven management skills in leading project design, managing AE/MEP firms, and leading value engineering sessions.
- Proven capability working with Building Information Modeling (‘BIM’) processes- an advantage
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent project management and supervision skills
- B.Sc. in Construction management, Civil or other Engineering or above - an advantage
- Extensive experience with HVAC, Refrigeration, Electrical, or Network systems - Required
- Experience in the logistics, retail or groceries industries - Required
- Experience in ASRS system / Logistics automation - an advantage
- Experience in R&D environment - an advantage
- Physically fit to walk and travel on construction sites.
- Travel 25% of the time
What you’ll get
Supportive team environment, flexible schedule. Add to that a competitive salary, best in class benefits package, which includes medical, life, dental & vision, 401(k), paid time off and career growth opportunities
Apply for this position