VP Global Supply Chain
About The Position
Fabric makes profitable on-demand e-commerce a reality. Its flexible micro-fulfillment solution was specifically designed to enable fast fulfillment from small spaces. By leveraging robotic automation, Fabric allows retailers to reduce costs and cut fulfillment times.
Unlike any other micro-fulfillment solution, Fabric’s software-led robotics and modular approach gives retailers the flexibility to build the fulfillment center that fits their requirements, allowing them to fulfill online orders at maximum speed while ensuring profitability. Retailers can choose a platform model to run and operate independently on their real estate or a service model in which fulfillment is offered as a service, with minimal capex investment.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City and Tel Aviv, Fabric is rapidly expanding its U.S. operations with over 170+ team members globally and 15 sites under development/contract, including two live micro-fulfillment centers.
We are looking for a dynamic Vice President, Global Supply Chain leader with a strong background in
contract manufacturing & assembly, supplier management, contract negotiation, and operational
logistics. The role includes development, implementation and management of manufacturing and
supply chain for robotics and system infrastructure technology. The ideal candidate will thrive in a
fast-paced entrepreneurial setting, be self-motivated and have an interest in disruptive, cutting edge
technology. Someone who understands the culture, the rigor and the challenges of a start-up
environment while also having demonstrated success managing manufacturing budgets that
exceed $100 million annually.
Primary Responsibilities & Core Duties
● Provides leadership for a maturing global supply chain team that can transition from NPI to mass
production activities in support of operating sites and other new business pursuits.
● Oversee all aspects of Operations and Supply Chain to ensure reliable, compliant, cost effective,
and on-time supply of product.
● Hire, lead, coach, engage, empower and motivate personnel within the Manufacturing, Production
and Logistics Teams
● Interpret material and manufacturing plans and sales/usage history and forecasts to create,
organize, adjust and control the ERP/MRP master schedule and monthly operations plans
● Develop strategies and implementation of new and current finished goods from product
manufacturers through 3PL’s and beyond for multi-million dollar infrastructure installations.
● Develop and effectively communicate Supply Chain vision, strategic direction, and resource
requirements sufficient to deliver robust global supply solutions / channels.
● Implement and direct the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process.
● Serve as the lead / SME for supply and Operations and oversee Forecast planning, demand
planning and inventory management of product in the pipeline.
● Oversee product purchasing and planning at contract manufacturing and logistic suppliers.
● Establish key Supply Chain interfaces with other business leaders so that inventory demands and
Forecasts align at both the operational and revenue levels.
● Forecast and build the Supply Chain organization to a fully commercial compliant level of
performance and excellence in inventory flow and product distribution.
● Develop and prepare short and long-range Supply Plans.
● Establish and implement inventory policy and materials risk mitigation strategies.
● Negotiate, create, review and oversee Supply Agreements and Contracts with vendors and
partners. Coordinate and execute purchase orders for finished products as approved and agreed.
● Develop and manage annual Operating Budgets for responsible Cost Center(s) and assure
maximum functional area output with minimum cost and resource burden.
● Initiate and coordinate quality improvements, Operational Excellence techniques, business
process design, budget analyses and cost reduction processes / programs sufficient to ensure that
the most effective ‘best practices’ are in place.
● Prepare management reports, metrics, presentations, KPI’s sufficient to communicate and
measure functional area performance.
● Establish a strong partnership with the Hardware Engineering team to ensure that their NPI
process is successfully implemented within the manufacturing environment.
● Exercises strong analytical problem solving in order to understand operational inefficiencies and
separate/resolve legitimate supplier performance issues.
● Ensures compliance with all regulations, departmental policies, procedures, work instructions,
budgets, and controls; prepares and supports audits of systems and processes from internal and
● Defines required procurement/subcontracting/logistics competencies and deploys appropriate
training programs to ensure employee development and success.
● Directs and ensures that all supply chain and purchasing activity, internally and externally, is
handled in an ethical manner to enhance the company's reputation and improve relationships
between employees, suppliers, and internal customers.
● BS / BA in science, business or management or equivalent experience.
● 10+ years supply chain experience with highly technical products such as industrial equipment,
robotics or the automotive industry required. Familiarity with manufacturing operations and
processes including finished goods production for these types of products required.
● Demonstrated success having built a supply chain function in support of a fast growing company
● Demonstrated success installing and realizing new capabilities and infrastructure in support of the
company’s initial product launches and overall commercialization efforts.
● Proven track record of Supply / Production Planning; Procurement; Materials Management;
Materials Handling / Logistics; Warehousing / Storage; Distribution; ERP / Business Systems;
Validated Systems; and Data Management.
● Ability to comprehend high-level business strategy objectives and effectively develop / execute
‘roadmaps’, milestones, detailed implementation plans and KPI’s.
● Strong financial acumen with ability to perform detailed cost analyses, manage budgets, perform
make vs. buy scenarios, and identify areas for cost reductions.
● Ability to address diverse technical challenges with a hands-on approach, in areas including
inventory management, warehousing, distribution, and product servicing / product repairs.
● Previous management of contract manufacturing / contract testing organizations and Third Party
Logistics (3PL) providers.
● Must have ability to travel to vendor / partner sites (domestic / international) and attend meetings,
seminars, and training sessions as required.
● Strong supervisory / managerial leadership experience of senior-level supply chain professionals,
technical contractors and expert consultants.
● Technically proficient in industry standard systems / software applications for project
management, product lifecycle management and inventory management.
● APICS Certification highly desired.
● Previous start up experience is required. Must be a self-starter, hands-on and comfortable
● Proven expertise in thriving in a fast paced, results-oriented, hands-on environment.
● Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines and to adapt to changing work priorities.
● Strong team-building and collaboration skills across the organization.
● Professional demeanor and ability to communicate and interface effectively with other functions
and all levels of the organization.
● Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
● Exceptional ability to effectively prioritize competing demands.
● Demonstrated experience with high value, low volume production.
Apply for this position