About The Position
Fabric (Formerly known as CommonSense Robotics) is looking for a Construction Manager to join our Deployment team in New York.
As a Construction Manager you will be a part of Fabric’s forefront team, that is leading the company's deployment. You will be working with local contractors and consultants, on executing our Engineering & Design's vision into truth on the ground. You will serve as Fabric’s liaison on the field - source vendors, negotiate contracts and make sure on time and on budget project execution.
As a construction manager you will:
- Be a key contractor-facing member of the project execution team, working closely with Project Engineering Manager and Project Manager.
- Support reality capture and existing conditions documentation, due diligence activities, and understanding of potential base building issues or unique conditions.
- Manage contracts strategy, contractors sourcing, bidding and negotiations
- Review and advise on constructability and coordination from the beginning of each project, considering both construction and the overall life of each project.
- Advise during pre-construction and bidding, manage cost and progressive budgeting to lay foundation for successful construction. Support cost estimating and bidding processes, utilizing BIM.
- Analytically consider critical path decisions and construction methods to maintain schedule, budget, safety and quality.
- Proactively flag any issues that may arise during a project, take ownership of them, and work together with your team internally to resolve them
- Communicate regularly to management and the project team with project updates such as the status of each project, upcoming benchmark goals, potential issues, etc.
- Serve as day-to-day contact for internal and external project team members regarding construction, regularly reporting on construction progress, risks, and schedule/budget exposures and manage on-site activity.
- Work closely with an internal team to ensure smooth project handovers, overseeing punch-lists and project closeouts.
- 7-10 years in construction management in the U.S., New-York experience - preferred
- Multiple states experience - preferred
- Bachelor's degree in construction, architecture or engineering
- Experience in leading multiple construction projects with over $5m budget (each)
- Experience in people management and contractor relationship ownership
- Proven experience in contracts negotiations
What else you’ll get
Supportive team environment, flexible schedule, laptop. Add to that a competitive salary, best in class benefits package, which includes medical, life, dental & vision, 401(k), paid time off and career growth opportunities.
Fabric (Formerly known as CommonSense Robotics)
Fabric is a logistics platform that makes on-demand e-commerce possible, profitable, and sustainable for retailers while powering every retailer’s unique offering. The company builds multi-tenant and private networks of automated Micro-Fulfillment Centers that make on-demand e-commerce profitable by locating automation physically close to end-customers. Unlike any other micro-fulfillment solution, Fabric’s unique purpose-built proprietary solution enables cloud-like elasticity for retailers, enabling them total flexibility to build a custom solution based on their unique inventory level, desired reach, and opex and capex requirements, expanding and flexing as their needs change.The company’s solution has been deployed commercially since 2018 and is production-proven. With offices in Tel Aviv and New York, Fabric is rapidly expanding its U.S. operations. Founded in 2015, Fabric is backed by the top-tier venture capitalists Innovation Endeavors, Aleph, and Playground.
In the news:
Apply for this position