Solution Design Analyst
About The Position
Fabric makes profitable on-demand e-commerce a reality. Its flexible micro-fulfillment solution was specifically designed to enable fast fulfillment from small spaces. By leveraging robotic automation, Fabric allows retailers to reduce costs and cut fulfillment times. Unlike any other micro-fulfillment solution, Fabric’s software-led robotics and modular approach gives retailers the flexibility to build the fulfillment center that fits their requirements, allowing them to fulfill online orders at maximum speed while ensuring profitability. Retailers can choose a platform model to run and operate independently on their real estate or a service model in which fulfillment is offered as a service, with minimal capex investment. Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City and Tel Aviv, Fabric is rapidly expanding its U.S. operations with over 170+ team members globally and 15 sites under development/contract, including two live micro-fulfillment centers.
Solution Design Analyst
We are looking for a Solution Design Analyst to join our Solution Design team in Tel-Aviv, Israel.
The Solution Design team is at the heart of Fabric, where all disciplines - technology, data, algorithms, operations, sales, finance and more - come together. The Solution Design team provides the analytics and models that help navigate the development of our Solution to its peak performance. Get ready to be challenged daily with new questions and use your wit, analytical thinking and creativity to give the best possible answers with the available resources to ensure everyone that the Solution is in good hands.
Solution Design Analyst at Fabric is a pivotal part of Fabric’s Product group. This person will use data, models, and analyses to provide insights, guidelines and directives to our Solution development process. This role is situated in Tel-Aviv, reporting to the Head of Solution Design, with close interaction with many teams in IL, EU and US: Product, R&D, Data, Sales Engineering, Commercial, Finance, Operations and more.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Define and prioritize the product development strategy of our robotic fulfillment centers by analysing potential improvements using mathematical models, statistical analysis and simulations, all with a high level of uncertainty and missing data
- Develop and maintain a model of the MFC (Micro Fulfilment Centers), and the entire Fabric Supply Chain. The modelling you will do will support site design, the sales and pricing process and future product research
- Use real-life data from live sites and deep understanding of their operations to suggest ways to drive efficiencies to the peak
- Research future development strategies for our solution based on market and product requirements
- Enable data-driven decisions regarding performance of a multi-agent robotic system
- Be a source of knowledge about our solution, supporting and upskilling others in the organization. Build repeatable processes and tools so that your knowledge and insights can spread in the organization
- Be a source of knowledge about competing solutions
- Experience in problem solving using analytical tools - preferably operations researcher or system engineer looking for a challenging next role
- Ability to prioritize your work and being able to identify the appropriate level of detail needed for the analysis/task on hand
- Mastery in building simulations and scripts in Matlab/Python - a must
- Excel - Expert level
- Optimizations expert - advantage
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Physics/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Engineering/Bioinformatics or other related fields.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in Hebrew as well as English, verbal and written.
- Fast self learner who likes solving complex problems
- Team player with excellent leadership skills
Apply for this position