About The Position
Fabric is looking for a mechanical engineer with a strong background in mechanical design and experience working with dynamic systems.
Mechanical design at Fabric is inherently multidisciplinary, requiring you to collaborate with electrical and software engineers as well as other mechanical engineers on the team.
- Developing modules and mechanisms for robots and robotic systems
- Optimizing existing design for increased performance, reduced cost, and better serviceability
- Problem-solving interdisciplinary issues with Control and Electrical engineers
- All with the exciting constraint of designing a system for mass production (thousands of robots) and deployment around the world.
- BSc/MSc in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in mechanical design
- Fluent in any CAD program (Will be required to learn SolidWorks)
- Experience with design for mass production (such as sheet metal and plastic molding technologies)
- Experience with dynamic systems and mechanisms
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment (new problems, time-critical projects, out-of-the-box thinking)
- Project management skills
- A team player with the ability to work with a team of engineers and technicians with varying levels of experience
- The ability and willingness to learn and explore new topics is vital
- Results-oriented - Driven to succeed
- High-level technical Hebrew and English
- Experienced in finite element analysis
- Specific experience in a mass manufacturing technology
- Working on a project that went to mass manufacturing
- Experience with sensors
- Experience with brushless motors and drivers
- Experience designing a mobile mechanical system
- Experience with a PDM system
Fabric is a logistics platform that makes on-demand e-commerce possible, profitable, and sustainable for retailers while powering every retailer’s unique offering.
The company builds multi-tenant and private networks of automated Micro-Fulfillment Centers that make on-demand e-commerce profitable by locating automation physically close to end-customers.Unlike any other micro-fulfillment solution, Fabric’s unique purpose-built proprietary solution enables cloud-like elasticity for retailers, enabling them total flexibility to build a custom solution based on their unique inventory level, desired reach, and opex and capex requirements, expanding and flexing as their needs change.
The company’s solution has been deployed commercially since 2018 and is production-proven. With offices in Tel- Aviv and New York, Fabric is rapidly expanding its U.S. operations. Founded in 2015, Fabric is backed by the top-tier venture capitalists Innovation Endeavors, Aleph, and Playground.
In the news:
Apply for this position