Installation Engineering Manager
About The Position
Fabric makes profitable on-demand e-commerce a reality. Its flexible micro-fulfillment solution was specifically designed to enable fast fulfillment from small spaces. By leveraging robotic automation, Fabric allows retailers to reduce costs and cut fulfillment times.
Unlike any other micro-fulfillment solution, Fabric’s software-led robotics and modular approach gives retailers the flexibility to build the fulfillment center that fits their requirements, allowing them to fulfill online orders at maximum speed while ensuring profitability. Retailers can choose a platform model to run and operate independently on their real estate or a service model in which fulfillment is offered as a service, with minimal capex investment.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City and Tel Aviv, Fabric is rapidly expanding its U.S. operations with over 170+ team members globally and 15 sites under development/contract, including two live micro-fulfillment centers.
Installation Engineering Manager
We are looking for an Installation Engineering Manager (Mechanical) to join our Deployment Department in Tel Aviv .
The Deployment department is part of the Global Operations division, responsible for end to end deployment of our Micro-fulfillment solutions. The team manages the deployment from the early project development stage through handover to the customer. This includes feasibility analysis, real-estate search, design, construction, equipment installation and providing overall project management.
We are hiring an Installation Engineering Manager (Mechanical) to own the system racking system configuration and integration and deliver per site equipment installation design package. You will work collaboratively with the R&D, Supply chain and project management and will support on-site installation to meet our system requirements/performance.
Your design eventually will define how it is built on site therefore being meticulous and detailed oriented is crucial.
You will also support initiatives related to future development of our system.
The position will require travels up to 25% to support deployment globally.
- Lead racking system configuration, installation from early concepts to final equipment installation package. Deliver system installation design packages for execution.
- Maintain and update design criteria documents with the latest R&D requirements for future sites design.
- Support development of project deployment handbook
- Interface with the installation team, and ensure proper equipment , Own site BOM
- Coordinate and manage consultants (Structural, FP, Electrical, Low Voltage, etc. ) in order to prepare the installation package.
- Own processes, Engineering management / Change management quality and issues related to the system.
- Develop the system quality handbook / checklists and procedures
- Support on-site installation Works with team members and customers to solve problems onsite, as needed provide on-site supervision and direction.
- Support initiatives related to productivity improvement, cost reduction and improvement in customer satisfaction.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering management, mechanical engineering design, configuration control.
- Extensive experience with planning, management and execution of ASRS system / Logistics automation or similar complex projects - a significant advantage
- B.Sc. or Higher in Mechanical engineering
- Demonstration of work group management
- Physically fit to walk and travel to construction sites.
- Travel up to 25% of the time
- Very good understanding of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient with AutoCAD / REVIT
- Proficient with SolidWorks
- Project Management skills- a serious advantage.
Apply for this position