Robotic System Operator
About The Position
Fabric makes profitable on-demand e-commerce a reality. Its flexible micro-fulfillment solution was specifically designed to enable fast fulfillment from small spaces. By leveraging robotic automation, Fabric allows retailers to reduce costs and cut fulfillment times.
Unlike any other micro-fulfillment solution, Fabric’s software-led robotics and modular approach gives retailers the flexibility to build the fulfillment center that fits their requirements, allowing them to fulfill online orders at maximum speed while ensuring profitability. Retailers can choose a platform model to run and operate independently on their real estate or a service model in which fulfillment is offered as a service, with minimal capex investment.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City and Tel Aviv, Fabric is rapidly expanding its U.S. operations with over 170+ team members globally and 15 sites under development/contract, including two live micro-fulfillment centers.
Robotic System Operator
We are looking for a Robotic System Operator (RSO) to join our Professional Services team in TLV.
Fabric’s professional services team is responsible for all the technical aspects of keeping the robotic system up and running.
Our team is working on site, ‘hands-on’, verifying that our robots and the entire operational cycle are exceeding expectations.
Our team comprises system engineering experts, technology system integrators, IT and field system technicians.
The Robotics System Operator is part of the professional service team and will collaborate with professional services system engineers, field engineers and Software R&D engineers, to share knowledge and best practices, as well as writing requirements and suggestions that will improve system robustness, reliability, and maintainability of Fabric’s advanced robotic system.
- The position takes place in Fabric’s Tel Aviv office in the SOC (System Operation Center). The SOC is the command center from which you will provide support to the robotic systems.
- You will function as Tier1, working in shifts, accepting support requests from the robotic sites, following procedures to resolve support issues.
- You will monitor the sites to ensure optimal uptime. The RSO position involves multidisciplinary problem solving, remotely from the SOC.
- You will adhere to safety standards to ensure employee and subcontractor safety.
- You will communicate with the professional services System Integration engineer (Tier-2) upon arrival during work and before leaving the worksite.
- You will monitor and verify the system to meet the operational requirements as planned. Report problems or changes to the Professional Services team.
- Ability and availability to work at least 5 shifts a week.
- Ability to follow existing written procedures, suggest corrections, and write new procedures.
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing to understand the issue at hand in order to document it as a bug in the system or suggest a workaround that can be conveyed to other team members.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to write technical tickets and detailed field notes.
- Highly dedicated and required to stay on post in the SOC throughout the shift, dedicated to the robotic site’s production and support needs.
- Fast learner with auto-deducting issues capabilities. Being able to tackle an issue, gather all the required information, investigate, document and follow up for resolution.
Apply for this position