About The Position
Fabric makes profitable on-demand e-commerce a reality. Its flexible micro-fulfillment solution was specifically designed to enable fast fulfillment from small spaces. By leveraging robotic automation, Fabric allows retailers to reduce costs and cut fulfillment times.
Unlike any other micro-fulfillment solution, Fabric’s software-led robotics and modular approach gives retailers the flexibility to build the fulfillment center that fits their requirements, allowing them to fulfill online orders at maximum speed while ensuring profitability. Retailers can choose a platform model to run and operate independently on their real estate or a service model in which fulfillment is offered as a service, with minimal capex investment.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City and Tel Aviv, Fabric is rapidly expanding its U.S. operations with over 170+ team members globally and 15 sites under development/contract, including two live micro-fulfillment centers.
We are looking for a Senior buyer to join our Global Supply chain team.
The team is responsible for all the supply chain activity including planning, purchasing, logistics and Engineering. The team mission is to deliver goods in time, quality, and cost according to the project’s objectives.
Purchase goods, materials and services to ensure that the company's operational needs in the US are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery to ensure continuity of supply.
Report to global procurement team leader located in Israel.
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
- Deliver briefs, updates and reports as and when required. Attend meetings and update the team on issues or concerns.
- Implement cost-effective and quality purchases of all goods and services (direct and indirect), as required by the company
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Prepare purchase orders in line with final negotiations with selected suppliers and in line with organisational targets and requirements
- Manage the ERP systems that track shipments, inventory, and the supply of goods
- Contact and visit suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
- Build, maintain relationships with customers and suppliers to ensure good communications
- 10+ years of experience in managing procurement in the US in the industrial market field
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, or business administration
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms.
- Technical skills. Experience with the sourcing of electronic & mechanical products
- Willing to travel to sites and supplier (~20% out of office)
- Management and leadership skills
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills
- Team player who can work independently while prioritizing his/her own work and resources
- Works well under pressure and within short time constraints; able to work with high levels of ambiguity
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong skills in ERP software - advantage Priority
What you’ll get
Supportive team environment, flexible schedule. Add to that a competitive salary, best in class benefits package, which includes medical, life, dental & vision, 401(k), paid time off and career growth opportunities
Apply for this position