Rapid changes in customer expectations are driving a re-examination of supply chains and how orders are fulfilled and delivered. Leading retailers understand that in order to meet customer expectations they need more distribution points spread closer to their customers, more reliability, and less disruption.
Tune in for a discussion on how retail leaders are adapting their supply chains to successfully meet expectations.
- What winning retailers are doing to stay ahead
- Changing consumer shopping habits
- Key challenges the rapid increase in order volume has created for retailers
- Leading strategies retailers are employing to increase their order capacity
- How micro-fulfillment can help you shorten the last-mile while maintaining control of the brand experience and decreasing costs