About The Position
Fabric makes profitable on-demand e-commerce a reality. Its flexible micro-fulfillment solution was specifically designed to enable fast fulfillment from small spaces. By leveraging robotic automation, Fabric allows retailers to reduce costs and cut fulfillment times.
Unlike any other micro-fulfillment solution, Fabric’s software-led robotics and modular approach gives retailers the flexibility to build the fulfillment center that fits their requirements, allowing them to fulfill online orders at maximum speed while ensuring profitability. Retailers can choose a platform model to run and operate independently on their real estate or a service model in which fulfillment is offered as a service, with minimal capex investment.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City and Tel Aviv, Fabric is rapidly expanding its U.S. operations with over 170+ team members globally and 15 sites under development/contract, including two live micro-fulfillment centers.
Ecommerce Grocery Micro Fulfillment Center Site Manager
We are looking for an Ecommerce Micro Fulfillment Center (MFC) Site Manager to join our Operations team in the New York City area.
About the Team
The Operations team at Fabric is all about achieving executional excellence. We are focused on delivering high quality results to our customers and developing successful solutions to all operational challenges that we encounter. We are looking for high performing individuals who want to contribute and grow within a data driven decision making culture while working with talented team members in a positive and enabled “One Team” environment.
The MFC Site Manager will report to the Director of US Operations and will lead the daily activities of a high-volume pick, pack and dispatch MFC. The Site manager will be responsible for all MFC operations and onsite team development and mentorship at our ecommerce micro fulfillment center in Brooklyn, NY. The site will be fulfilling ecommerce orders on behalf of Fabric’s retail partner.
- You will be accountable for all facility key performance indicators (e.g., on time %, labor efficiency, quality + accuracy %, etc.).
- Manage and develop a team of shift managers and operators, including hiring and onboarding new team members, directing work, managing performance, providing regular feedback, and supporting career development and employee growth.
- Ensure adequate staffing, equipment and space utilization to fulfill throughput goals during peak and non-peak periods. Develop detailed facility operation plans and schedules for peak periods based upon high level parameters provided by management.
- Manage, delegate, and analyze daily operations to drive exceptional results, executing standard operating procedures, identifying areas of improvement, implementing solutions, and providing ongoing training where needed.
- Develop, implement and facilitate processes that focus on achieving measurable improvements to operational efficiency, inventory management, order accuracy and on-time delivery.
- Develop and maintain a high performing, people first culture.
- Ensure all OSHA safety requirements and regulations are met.
- Maintain excellent relationships with our retail partners.
- Provide constructive feedback to operations teams to enable improvements in site processes and product capabilities.
- Able to represent the company during site visits to potential customers.
- 4+ years of site / area management experience in a fast paced warehouse/high volume production or fulfillment environment
- Experience in managing daily SLA’s
- Great interpersonal skills - natural leader, strong team player
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Experience in hiring and building great teams
- Great attention to detail and strong execution skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience in same day delivery and parcel shipping
- Hands on approach
- Great analytical problem solving skills and process orientation
- Flexibility to work untraditional hours (including early mornings, late nights, overnights)
- Experience in managing 24 hour operations is a plus
- Fluent in English, proficiency in Spanish preferred
- Good command of IT systems - warehouse management systems, excel, power point
- Ability to lift up to 49 pounds and be on your feet for a shift, up to 10 hours at a time
What you’ll get
Supportive team environment, flexible schedule. Add to that a competitive salary, best in class benefits package, which includes medical, life, dental & vision, 401(k), paid time off and career growth opportunities
Apply for this position