Operations Development Manager
About The Position
Fabric makes profitable on-demand e-commerce a reality. Its flexible micro-fulfillment solution was specifically designed to enable fast fulfillment from small spaces. By leveraging robotic automation, Fabric allows retailers to reduce costs and cut fulfillment times.
Unlike any other micro-fulfillment solution, Fabric’s software-led robotics and modular approach gives retailers the flexibility to build the fulfillment center that fits their requirements, allowing them to fulfill online orders at maximum speed while ensuring profitability. Retailers can choose a platform model to run and operate independently on their real estate or a service model in which fulfillment is offered as a service, with minimal capex investment.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City and Tel Aviv, Fabric is rapidly expanding its U.S. operations with over 170+ team members globally and 15 sites under development/contract, including two live micro-fulfillment centers.
Operations Development Manager
We are looking for an Operations Development Manager to join our Operations Development team based on the East Coast.
This is a remote role best filled from any metropolitan area in the Eastern US.
The Operations Development team is in charge of understanding Fabric’s customers’ needs and designing a world class operating model. We work closely with the Operations team to understand their pain-points and drive continuous improvement through performance analysis and process re-engineering. Operations Development team defines the requirements for the Solution team and works shoulder to shoulder with the Operations team to successfully implement Fabric’s operation model on the ground.
As an Operations Development Manager you will step change and improve core elements of Fabric's global operating model and product, using your prior experience and your keen understanding of worldwide best practice. You will drive forward new partnerships, tailor our operating model for future customers’ needs and collaborate with them to design our new sites. You will be a subject matter expert in the USA, present and explain our operating model, both internally and externally.
- Define our requirements for new features for the solution team to develop and ensure the right solution is developed and implemented
- Sample challenges could include - how do we integrate last mile into our solution? How do we handle fruit and veg in our system? How can we reduce picking errors? How can we improve labor efficiency?
- Assess our existing sites, identify bottlenecks and eliminate these bottlenecks through operational improvements and sw development (in partnership with our Operations team)
- Ensure our operating model is successfully implemented onsite
- Ensure we use our sites’ space efficiently, optimising operational flows
- Support our sales team so that we can provide potential customers with the best possible set-up of our product
- BSc, BA, or equivalent degree from a top tier university
- 5+ years of operational experience in the e-commerce arena or equivalent retail environment
- Experience in physical product management/operations development
- Strong strategic and analytical background (consulting / operations or related experience a plus)
- Proven effective communication skills
- Exceptional Powerpoint skills, proficient in Excel, Visio Outlook etc.
- Customer Obsession and Zero-Defects aspiration
- Analytical - ability to take complex information and create a compelling and understood narrative
- Hands on approach
- Self starter and fast learner
- Team player
- Open minded and flexible
- Strong communication skills in English (verbal and written)
What you’ll get
Supportive team environment, flexible schedule. Add to that a competitive salary, best in class benefits package, which includes medical, life, dental & vision, 401(k), paid time off and career growth opportunities
Apply for this position