Motion Control Engineer
About The Position
Fabric (Formerly known as CommonSense Robotics) is hiring !! motion control engineer who will be responsible for the development of robots motion control systems.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an incredible team in one of Israel’s fastest-growing startups.
Role and responsibilities
- Responsible to provide a reliable and operational control system to operate our robots.
- Develop and deploy scale-able, modular PLC applications.
- Implementation with different programming platforms like Codesys.
- Design and implement UI.
- Collaborate with all engineering and system disciplines to define and implement the overall control solution.
- Responsible for onsite fault investigation and code debugging, in Israel and abroad.
Experience & skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechatronics/Electrical Engineering or other related engineering degrees.
- M.Sc. in Control/Robotics - advantage.
- 1-3 years experience with developing and programming of motion systems.
- Experience in developing with motion controllers (PLCs and MCUs).
- Experience with Structured Text programming .
- Programming experience in Codesys, Automation Studio, TwinCAT etc.
- Familiar with network and communication protocols – Ethernet, EtherCAT, RS-232, CAN bus, CANopen etc.
- Experience with servo and stepper motors.
- Hands-on experience in multidisciplinary environments.
- Proof of debugging skills and the ability to solve complex problems.
- Familiarity with one of the following: Beckhoff, Berghof, Elmo, B&R, Rockwell, Siemens, ABB, Festo - advantage.
- Knowledge in object-oriented programing - advantage.
- Experience in RT/Embedded programming – advantage.
- Experience of programming and simulation with Matlab - advantage
- Teamwork skills, Interpersonal and communication skills
Fabric is a logistics platform that makes on-demand e-commerce possible, profitable, and sustainable for retailers while powering every retailer’s unique offering. The company builds multi-tenant and private networks of automated Micro-Fulfillment Centers that make on-demand e-commerce profitable by locating automation physically close to end-customers.Unlike any other micro-fulfillment solution, Fabric’s unique purpose-built proprietary solution enables cloud-like elasticity for retailers, enabling them total flexibility to build a custom solution based on their unique inventory level, desired reach, and opex and capex requirements, expanding and flexing as their needs change.The company’s solution has been deployed commercially since 2018 and is production-proven. With offices in Tel Aviv and New York, Fabric is rapidly expanding its U.S. operations. Founded in 2015, Fabric is backed by the top-tier venture capitalists Innovation Endeavors, Aleph, and Playground.
In the news:
Apply for this position