System Integration Engineer - Team Lead
About The Position
Fabric makes profitable on-demand e-commerce a reality. Its flexible micro-fulfillment solution was specifically designed to enable fast fulfillment from small spaces. By leveraging robotic automation, Fabric allows retailers to reduce costs and cut fulfillment times.
Unlike any other micro-fulfillment solution, Fabric’s software-led robotics and modular approach gives retailers the flexibility to build the fulfillment center that fits their requirements, allowing them to fulfill online orders at maximum speed while ensuring profitability. Retailers can choose a platform model to run and operate independently on their real estate or a service model in which fulfillment is offered as a service, with minimal capex investment.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City and Tel Aviv, Fabric is rapidly expanding its U.S. operations with over 170+ team members globally and 15 sites under development/contract, including two live micro-fulfillment centers.
System Integration Engineer - Team lead
We are looking for a Team Lead for the System Integration Engineers group to join our Professional Services team in New York City.
Fabric is expanding its footprint in the US and establishing new micro fulfillment centers. Fabric’s professional services team is responsible for all the technical aspects of keeping the robotic system up and running. Our team is working on site, ‘hands-on’, verifying that our robots and the entire operational cycle are exceeding expectations. Our team comprises system engineering experts, technology system integrators, IT and field system technicians.
Under general supervision, you will possess technical competence in Fabric’s robotics systems and the ability to integrate various robotic technologies and to resolve or guide others through advanced systems problem resolution.
You will be part of the experienced professional services team tasked with deploying, maintaining, troubleshooting and upgrading computer based advanced robotic systems.
You will provide constant feedback to the R&D in order to improve system robustness and reliability as well as to enrich the next version of the product with field experience.
- You will lead a small team from end to end the deployment flow of the company’s automatic warehouse solution which includes servers, racks, switches, routers, radios, VPNs, terminals as well as the robotic system components.
- You will monitor the site to ensure optimal uptime. The Technology Integration position requires a multidisciplinary problem solving on-site or remotely from the SOC (System operation center).
- You will build the foundation for the future maintenance and support team, guide and mentor others TIE on how to resolve problems and keep the system up and running.
- You will adhere to safety standards and local and national codes, with a high degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
- You will monitor and verify the system to meet the operational requirements as planned. Report problems or changes to the Professional Services team.
- You will support system engineers, provide onsite product support, installation expertise, ensure best practices are followed and understood and product engineering challenges are resolved with excellent technical competence relating to IT, automation and general engineering practices.
- Ability to act and lead independently and to coordinate the work of others on a job site.
- At least 6 years’ of proven experience required in an integration technical role in a multidisciplinary environment or with ‘mission critical’ systems. ‘Hands-on’ approach is a must.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Linux - Ubuntu server.
- Proven experience with design and implementation of networks topology (LAN, WAN).
- Proven experience with enterprise networking equipment such as: Firewalls, Switches, Access-points. Experience Including configuration and maintenance.
- Demonstrated high level of Technical troubleshooting as well as debugging skills, log analysing, and database handling.
- Practical experience with enterprise server hardware (HP, Dell), database structures, network configuration and analysis.
- Proven experience with Ansible deployment tool.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts.
- Ability to multitask and work excessive hours and to meet extreme deadlines as needed.
- Ability to write technical tickets and detailed field notes, work with R&D to identify system bugs and recovery methods.
- Engineering/practical engineering degree or equivalent industrial experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Some travel is required.
- US Passport holder for international business trips.
What you’ll get
Supportive team environment, flexible schedule. Add to that a competitive salary, best in class benefits package, which includes medical, life, dental & vision, 401(k), paid time off and career growth opportunities
Apply for this position