Motion Control Engineer
About The Position
Fabric makes profitable on-demand e-commerce a reality. Its flexible micro-fulfillment solution was specifically designed to enable fast fulfillment from small spaces. By leveraging robotic automation, Fabric allows retailers to reduce costs and cut fulfillment times.
Unlike any other micro-fulfillment solution, Fabric’s software-led robotics and modular approach gives retailers the flexibility to build the fulfillment center that fits their requirements, allowing them to fulfill online orders at maximum speed while ensuring profitability. Retailers can choose a platform model to run and operate independently on their real estate or a service model in which fulfillment is offered as a service, with minimal capex investment.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City and Tel Aviv, Fabric is rapidly expanding its U.S. operations with over 170+ team members globally and 15 sites under development/contract, including two live micro-fulfillment centers.
Motion Control Engineer
We are looking for a Motion Control Engineer to join our engineering team in TLV.
Fabric Robotic R&D is a multi disciplinary group, built from teams of Hardware, Mechanical, Control and V&V of highly skilled Engineers.The team is responsible for designing the next generation of robotic platforms starting from scratch and up to final product.
The design stage requires experiments and expertise in delivering fast prototypes to help choose the concept.
During the deployment of the prototype robots the team encounters many problems that require fast solutions and fast implementation to ensure the project will continue without delays.
Team members support the engineering and manufacturing process during the product life cycle with constant improvements and modifications
The Motion Control Engineer will be responsible for the development of our robots motion control systems. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge in servo driven systems, field bus communications and PLC applications and vast experience in a variety of drives, motors and sensors.
- Responsible for providing a reliable and operational control system to operate our robots.
- Develop and deploy scalable, modular PLC applications.
- Implementation with different programming platforms like Codesys.
- Design and implement UI.
- Collaborate with all engineering and system disciplines to define and implement the overall control solution.
- Responsible for onsite fault investigation and code debugging, in Israel and abroad.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechatronics / Electrical Engineering or other related engineering degrees.
- M.Sc. in Control / Robotics - advantage.
- 1-3 years experience in developing and programming motion systems.
- Experience in developing with motion controllers (PLCs and MCUs).
- Experience with Structured Text programming .
- Programming experience in Codesys, Automation Studio, TwinCAT etc.
- Familiar with network and communication protocols – Ethernet, EtherCAT, RS-232, CAN bus, CANopen etc.
- Experience with servo and stepper motors.
- Hands-on experience in multidisciplinary environments.
- Proof of debugging skills and the ability to solve complex problems.
- Familiarity with one of the following: Beckhoff, Berghof, Elmo, B&R, Rockwell, Siemens, ABB, Festo - advantage.
- Knowledge in object-oriented programing - advantage.
- Experience in RT/Embedded programming – advantage.
- Experience of programming and simulation with Matlab - advantage
- Teamwork skills, Interpersonal and communication skills
Apply for this position