Service Engineering Manager
About The Position
Fabric makes profitable on-demand e-commerce a reality. Its flexible micro-fulfillment solution was specifically designed to enable fast fulfillment from small spaces. By leveraging robotic automation, Fabric allows retailers to reduce costs and cut fulfillment times.
Unlike any other micro-fulfillment solution, Fabric’s software-led robotics and modular approach gives retailers the flexibility to build the fulfillment center that fits their requirements, allowing them to fulfill online orders at maximum speed while ensuring profitability. Retailers can choose a platform model to run and operate independently on their real estate or a service model in which fulfillment is offered as a service, with minimal capex investment.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City and Tel Aviv, Fabric is rapidly expanding its U.S. operations with over 170+ team members globally and 15 sites under development/contract, including two live micro-fulfillment centers.
Service Engineering Manager
We are looking for a Service Engineering Manager to join our Professional Services team in Washington DC.
Fabric is expanding its footprint in the US and establishing new micro fulfillment centers. Fabric’s professional services team is responsible for all the technical aspects of keeping the robotic system up and running. Our team is working on site, ‘hands-on’, verifying that our robots and the entire operational cycle are exceeding expectations. Our team comprises system engineering experts, technology system integrators, IT and field system technicians.
As a Service Engineering Manager you will possess technical competence in Fabric’s robotics systems and the ability to resolve and guide others through advanced systems problem resolution.
You will lead a team of field service engineers and technicians to perform commissioning, troubleshooting and preventive maintenance of different robotic systems. You will be responsible for the overall performance of the team to meet the company’s goals.
Through multidisciplinary problem-solving, you will lead from end to end the deployment flow of the company’s automatic warehouse solution, as well as provide solutions and guidance to the system’s problems by troubleshooting the system or advising on how to resolve different problems.
The service engineering team manager reports to the PS director and will collaborate with PS and R&D engineers to share knowledge and best practices to improve our system robustness and reliability as well as to enrich the next version of the product.
- Mentor the Field Service Engineers in your team on tools, problems, and technology and serve as a professional services technical resource, as well as assist the sales team in the development of cost estimates for complex projects.
- Create training materials and requirements that will improve system robustness, reliability, and maintainability of Fabric’s advanced robotic system.
- Be the onsite focal point for the technical performance of the robotic system.
- Provide onsite support and 2nd tier troubleshooting and perform site-specific training for the company.
- Responsible for the safety aspects on site and to adhere to safety standards and local and national codes, with a high degree of regard to employees and subcontractors safety.
- Monitor and verify the system to meet the operational requirements as planned.
- Report problems or changes to the professional services team.
- Support the System Engineers, provide onsite product support and installation expertise, and ensure best practices are followed and understood and product engineering challenges are resolved with excellent technical and practical competence relating to automation and general engineering.
- Engineering/practical engineering degree or equivalent industrial experience.
- 5 years’ experience required in a field technical role in a multidisciplinary environment.
- “Hands-on” approach is a must.
- 3 years’ experience as a team lead in a technical role.
- Experience within the electro-mechanical industry with basic knowledge and understanding of robotic systems, database structures, network configuration, and analysis.
- High level of technical troubleshooting mechanically as well as debugging skills.
- Able to act and lead independently and to coordinate the work of others on a job site and explain technical information to non-technical people.
- Effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts.
- Team leader and player with excellent presentation and communication skills. Able to write technical specifications and detailed field notes, work with R&D to identify system bugs and workarounds.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Travel is required - Having a valid US passport is a plus
You will stand out as a candidate if you have
- Proven experience as a team leader of Robotic systems field technicians.
What you’ll get
Supportive team environment, flexible schedule. Add to that competitive salary, best in class benefits package, which includes medical, life, dental & vision, 401(k), paid time off and career growth opportunities
Apply for this position