Tier 3 Team Leader (Robotics)
About The Position
Fabric makes profitable on-demand e-commerce a reality. Its flexible micro-fulfillment solution was specifically designed to enable fast fulfillment from small spaces. By leveraging robotic automation, Fabric allows retailers to reduce costs and cut fulfillment times.
Unlike any other micro-fulfillment solution, Fabric’s software-led robotics and modular approach gives retailers the flexibility to build the fulfillment center that fits their requirements, allowing them to fulfill online orders at maximum speed while ensuring profitability. Retailers can choose a platform model to run and operate independently on their real estate or a service model in which fulfillment is offered as a service, with minimal capex investment.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City and Tel Aviv, Fabric is rapidly expanding its U.S. operations with over 170+ team members globally and 15 sites under development/contract, including two live micro-fulfillment centers.
Tier 3 Team Leader
We are looking for a Tier 3 Team Leader to join our Service team in Israel
Tier 3 is the final escalation point within the service organization and the link to RnD, engineering, production, and quality departments regarding mechanical and electrical issues, that the teams in the field (Tier 1 and 2) didn’t manage to solve.
Under general supervision, you will lead the Tier 3 team. As a Tier 3 team leader, you will lead the troubleshooting and resolving process of the most difficult and complicated issues.
You will provide constant feedback to the R&D team in order to improve system robustness and reliability as well as to enrich the next version of the product with field experience.
The tier 3 team leader is part of the professional services team and will collaborate with professional services system engineers, NPI engineers, and R&D engineers, to share knowledge and best practices.
- You will be writing requirements that will improve system robustness, reliability, and maintainability of Fabric’s advanced robotic system.
- You will be the last focal point for the technical team on-site (Tier 2) regarding mechanical and electrical issues.
- You will be working closely with the RnD, Engineering, production, and quality teams in order to resolve complex technical issues raised from the global service teams.
- You will approve, guide, and deliver engineering changes to the field.
- You will monitor and verify the system performance to meet the operational requirements as planned.
- You will report problems or changes to the professional services team.
- You will be working closely with the training team in order to improve the knowledge and skills of the technical team on-site.
- You will be in charge of developing troubleshooting processes for complex issues that will meet the technical team skills.
- You will be working closely with the production team to define diagnostic tools to monitor faults on-site.
- You may mentor other Field Service Engineers on tools, problems, and technology and serve as a professional services technical resource, as well as assist the sales team in the development of cost estimates for complex projects.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Technology (Electrical Engineering - a plus)
- 5+ years’ experience required in a field technical role in a multidisciplinary environment.
- A “Hands-on” approach is a must.
- Experience utilizing debugging tools and lab simulations to analyze problems and identify solutions.
- Experience within the electro-mechanical industry with basic knowledge and understanding of robotic systems.
- Ability to logically troubleshoot hardware issues to determine the root cause and present suggested work-around and solutions.
- High level of technical troubleshooting mechanically as well as debugging skills.
- Able to act and lead independently and to coordinate the work of others on a job site and explain technical information to non-technical people.
- Effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts.
- Team player with excellent presentation and communication skills. Able to write technical specifications and detailed field notes, work with R&D to identify system bugs and workarounds.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Travel is required
Apply for this position